How to perfectly roast pumpkin seeds is an easy and fun recipe you can make with your kids. Learn how to make this addictive, healthy snack in the oven with all your favorite flavor toppings.
- 2/3 cup raw pumpkin seeds, rinsed and cleaned of pulp
- 2 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- sprinkle fine sea salt
- sprinkle garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 300 F.
- Scrub a small sugar pumpkin (about 700g) with warm water and dry it off with a kitchen towel. Cut off the stem with a large sharp kitchen knife, then split the pumpkin in half lengthwise. Scoop out the pumpkin seeds with a spoon and your hands, then place them in a bowl.
- Separate the seed from the pulp with your hands, then discard the pulp. Rinse the seeds with cold water.
- Brush a small baking sheet with olive oil and spread out the pumpkin seeds evenly. Bake the seeds for 30 minutes at 300 F to dry them out.
- Once the seeds are dried out, mix them in a bowl with a little bit of olive oil and your spices of choice. I used just salt at this stage. Increase the oven temperature to 350 F.
- Spread out seeds on the baking tray again. Roast the seeds for 25 minutes. Stir the seeds at the 10 minute and 20 minute mark. The seeds are done when they are crispy and golden brown all over.
- Sprinkle more salt on when done roasting and add garlic powder to taste. Serve while still warm.
- The pleasure of a 5-star review for this how to roast pumpkin seeds recipe would be greatly appreciated.
- 👩🏻🍳 Want to see our latest recipes? Subscribe to our email newsletter to get our latest recipes, fun food facts, food puns, and behind the scenes news about our blog.
- Category: Snack
- Method: Roasted
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: healthy pumpkin seed recipes, how to roast pumpkin seeds