This creamy buttermilk ranch dressing tastes way better than the packet mix version! This recipe is super quick to make; just mix together mayo, sour cream, lemon, garlic, spices, and buttermilk. You won’t want to go back to store bought dressing again!
- 3/4 cup Duke’s mayo (168g)
- 1/2 cup sour cream (120g)
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (15 ml)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk (30 ml)
- Measure the mayo, sour cream, lemon juice, garlic, and spices into a medium bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Taste and adjust the amount of lemon, garlic, and seasonings to your personal taste.
- Thin the dressing with the buttermilk until it is your preferred consistency.
- Eat immediately or refrigerate for up to 1 week.
- Fresh garlic and lemon juice is the secret to a great-tasting ranch.
- Substitute Greek yogurt for the sour cream.
- Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Add the buttermilk at the end. This is just to thin out the dressing and add extra tang.
- No buttermilk? Use the separated liquid in the sour cream carton, whole milk, or heavy cream instead, along with an extra dash of lemon juice.
- Category: Salad Dressing
- Method: Whisked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: buttermilk ranch recipe, hidden valley ranch dressing recipe