This easy marzipan recipe takes just 5 ingredients and can be made without egg! Use this traditional Christmas treat to decorate cakes, to sculpt into fruit-shaped candies, or to simply enjoy on its own.
- 3 cups finely ground blanched almond flour (260g)
- 1 1/2 cups icing sugar (180g)
- 2 teaspoons almond extract (10 ml)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or rosewater, optional (5 ml)
- 1 egg white or 2 tablespoons clear corn syrup (30 ml)
- Sift the icing sugar and almond flour together into a large bowl. Discard any large pieces of almond left in the sieve, as they will make the marzipan coarse.
- Add the almond extract, vanilla extract, and a little bit of egg white (or corn syrup, if using) and stir to combine. If the dough is dry, add some more egg white, just a little bit at a time. The marzipan should have a consistency like Play-Doh and should not be sticky. If you do happen to add too much egg, add some more icing sugar and ground almonds.
- Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and let it firm up in the fridge for about 30 minutes before using.
- Make this recipe perfectly the first time. Check out the step-by-step photos and pro tips before the recipe card.
- The pleasure of a 5-star review for this marzipan recipe would be greatly appreciated.
- 👩🏻🍳 Want to see our latest recipes? Subscribe to our email newsletter to get our latest recipes, fun food facts, food puns, and behind the scenes news about our blog.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Mixed
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: traditional marzipan recipe, recipes with almond flour, marzipan candy