Skip Starbucks this fall and make your own healthy and delicious pumpkin spice latte at home instead. This easy recipe shows you how to make this hot, cozy coffee drink with a few basic ingredients. You’ll definitely be coming back for a refill!
For the Pumpkin Milk Concentrate (3 cups)
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree (104g)
- 3 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon light brown sugar, lightly packed (60g)
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4–1/2 teaspoon finely ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole milk (240 ml)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream (240 ml)
For the Latte & Decoration
- 2 cups freshly brewed strong coffee (or 1 cup espresso)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, for decoration
- Pumpkin pie spice, for decoration
Making the Pumpkin Milk Concentrate
- Place the pumpkin puree, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and black pepper in a small saucepan. Stir continuously over medium heat for about 2-3 minutes, until the puree begins to bubble and sizzle and smells spicy. Mix in the vanilla extract, then spoon the mixture into a small bowl.
- Pour the milk and heavy whipping cream into the same saucepan and set over medium heat, whisking occasionally. When it begins to steam, add the pumpkin puree concentrate and whisk continuously until well blended and smooth.
- Pour the pumpkin milk into a blender and blend for at least 60 seconds on high speed.
- Use immediately, or pour into a glass jar, seal tightly, and refrigerate for up to 5 days. Re-blend the milk or shake well before using.
Assembling and Decorating the Latte
- Pour 1/2 cup of coffee and 2/3 cup of pumpkin milk into a glass or mug to make one latte. Gently stir to combine. Serve warm or poured over ice.
- Pour 1 cup of heavy whipping cream into a small mixing bowl and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Pipe or spoon the whipped cream on top of the latte, then sprinkle a little pumpkin pie spice over it. Serve immediately.
- The pleasure of a 5-star review for this pumpkin spice latte recipe would be greatly appreciated.
- 👩🏻🍳 Want to see our latest recipes? Subscribe to our email newsletter to get our latest recipes, fun food facts, food puns, and behind the scenes news about our blog.
- Category: Beverage
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: homemade, starbucks