There’s no need to go to Starbucks to get your PSL fix this fall! Making your own at home is healthier and tastes so much better. Serve this homemade coffee drink iced or hot and enjoy!
For the Pumpkin Puree Concentrate
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 5 teaspoons light brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon finely ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Foamed Milk
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
For the Coffee
- 1 cup strong coffee (or 1/2 cup espresso)
For the Decoration (Optional)
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream (or whipped cream)
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- Sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice
Making the Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Place the pumpkin puree, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and black pepper in a small saucepan. Stir continuously over medium heat for about 2-3 minutes, until the puree begins to bubble and sizzle and smells spicy. Mix in the vanilla extract, then spoon the mixture into a small bowl.
- Pour the milk and heavy whipping cream into the same saucepan and set over medium heat. Stir it occasionally. When it begins to steam, add the pumpkin puree concentrate and whisk continuously until well blended and smooth.
- Pour the pumpkin milk into a blender and blend for at least 60 seconds on high speed.
- Pour 1/2 cup of coffee and 2/3 cup of pumpkin milk into a glass or mug to make one latte. Gently stir to combine. Serve warm, cold, or iced.
Decorating the Pumpkin Spice Latte (Optional)
- Pour 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream and 2 teaspoons granulated sugar into a small mixing bowl and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Pipe or spoon the whipped cream on top of the latte, then sprinkle a little pumpkin pie spice over it. Serve immediately.
- Make this an iced pumpkin spice latte by pouring the latte over crushed ice.
- The pumpkin milk will keep in the fridge for a few days.
- If you’re in a hurry or counting calories, skip the whipped cream garnish.
- Category: Beverage
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: homemade, starbucks