This homemade pumpkin pie spice will take your fall desserts to the next level! This DIY spice blend is super easy to make, and brings a beautiful flavor and aroma to your Thanksgiving desserts. You might want to give some to your friends as gifts!
- 8 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- Stir together the cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and allspice until well mixed.
- Put in an airtight container and store in a cupboard or pantry.
- It’s key to use fresh spices for pumpkin pie spice. For optimal flavor, freshly grate the nutmeg with a microplane grater and grind allspice berries with a mortar and pestle.
- Store the spice blend in a cool, dry place, and use within 3 months for best taste.
- Category: Spices
- Method: Mixed
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: homemade, diy, recipe