Learn how to make this delicious Starbucks coffee drink at home! In minutes, you’ll be enjoying this DIY pumpkin spice coffee with the tempting foam on top. This pumpkin cream cold brew is also keto and vegan friendly!
For the Cold Brew
- 1 1/2 cups cold brew concentrate (360 ml)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Ice cubes, if desired
For the Pumpkin Cream
- Cold Brew. Pour the cold brew, sugar, and vanilla into a 13-ounce glass and stir until the sugar has completely dissolved. Add more sugar to taste, if desired.
- Pumpkin Cream. Pour all of the foam ingredients into a mixing bowl and froth them with a milk frother or a hand-held electric mixer on high speed. If you're using a mixer, it will take about 2 minutes for the mixture to thicken to a whipped cream-like consistency.
- Assembly. Pour the pumpkin cream over the back of a spoon so it floats on top of the coffee. It may take a couple of tries to perfect this technique, so don't be discouraged if it doesn't work perfectly the first time. Garnish the drink with a sprinkle of pumpkin spice and enjoy immediately.
- Homemade Cold Brew: coarsely grind 6 ounces (170g) of medium-roast coffee beans (I used Starbucks' Pikes Place). Add 6 cups (1.42 liters) cold water and stir until blended. Seal in a mason jar or cold brew coffee maker and let it brew in the fridge for 20 hours. Strain out the grounds in a paper towel-lined sieve and refrigerate the strained coffee for up to 7 days.
- Make sure the milk and cream are thoroughly chilled when you whip them, or they won't thicken as much.
- Try not to add extra pumpkin, sugar, or vanilla to the pumpkin cream. The more add-ins it has, the less thick it will be.
- Category: Beverages
- Method: Stirred
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: starbucks, nutrition, recipe