Panera Cranberry Orange Muffins
Enjoy a delicious batch of Panera cranberry orange muffins with this easy copycat recipe. These light and soft jumbo muffins have the sweet and tangy flavors of cranberries and orange zest. Vegan and gluten free friendly.
Servings: 9 jumbo muffins
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup light olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 ¼ cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup whole milk
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 tablespoon turbinado sugar
Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a jumbo muffin pan with liners or squares of baking parchment.
Whisk the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together until well blended.
Whisk together the oil, sugar, eggs, milk, orange juice, and vanilla extract until combined.
Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir to form a batter.
Fold in the orange zest and the cranberries.
Scoop ½ cup of batter into each jumbo muffin liner and sprinkle a pinch of turbinado sugar on top.
Bake at 400°F for 5 minutes, then bake at 350°F for 15 minutes. The muffins are done when a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs attached.
Let them cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes, then let the muffins cool completely on a wire rack.
- Measure the ingredients accurately; especially with the flour and rising agents. Using a kitchen scale instead of measuring cups helps a lot.
- Be careful not to overmix the batter, or the muffins will be tough.
- Rinse and drain the fresh or frozen cranberries well before adding them to the batter. There's no need to defrost frozen berries before using them.
- Calibrate your oven with an oven thermometer to make sure it's baking at the correct temperature.
Calories: 389kcal | Carbohydrates: 61g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 7g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 43mg | Sodium: 552mg | Potassium: 102mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 31g | Vitamin A: 109IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 110mg | Iron: 2mg