Virgin Raspberry Daiquiri
Enjoy a taste of summer with this fun and colorful virgin raspberry daiquiri. Use fresh or frozen berries, lime juice, simple syrup, and rum extract to craft this simple, non-alcoholic drink in your blender. Make it a slushie or not--it's up to you!
Servings: 2 cups
- 2 cups frozen raspberries
- ½ cup simple syrup
- ½ cup lime juice freshly squeezed
- ½ teaspoon rum extract optional
- 1 ½ cups crushed ice optional
Use a citrus reamer to squeeze the juice from 4-6 fresh limes until you have ½ cup of juice.
Place the raspberries in a powerful blender, then pour in the simple syrup and lime juice. Puree until smooth, then mix in the rum extract on low speed.
Pour the daiquiri through a mesh sieve to remove any raspberry seeds.
Blend in the crushed ice if desired to make the drink thick and cold.
Pour into hurricane glasses, garnish with a lime wheel, and enjoy immediately.
- Make simple syrup by combining 1 ½ cup of sugar with 1 ½ cup of water. Dissolve the sugar in the water over medium heat, then chill until ready to use.
- Having trouble squeezing the limes? Roll them on the counter with the palm of your hand, then cut them in half and place the halves on a plate. Microwave them for 20 seconds on high to soften them, then juice.
- Want a slushy version? Pour the drink into a freezer-safe container and freeze until solid, about 4-6 hours at least. Let it thaw for about 30-45 minutes, then break it up with a fork.
- The rum extract is optional. It adds a little flavor to simulate the taste of rum, but if you want to leave it out, go ahead.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 304kcal | Carbohydrates: 81g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 60mg | Potassium: 305mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 68g | Vitamin A: 70IU | Vitamin C: 50mg | Calcium: 55mg | Iron: 4mg