Marinated Tomato Olive Salad Recipe
Marinated tomato olive salad is a healthy, easy salad recipe that's quick to prepare. Our simple dressing is made with olive oil, vinegar, sugar, and spices. Pour this over the tomatoes, onions, and olives for a delicious Mediterranean salad.
Servings: 3 cups
- 1 cup grape tomatoes halved
- ½ cup green olives halved
- ½ cup Kalamata olives halved
- 2 teaspoons green onion finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons red pepper minced
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 2 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- sprinkle of salt and pepper
Rinse and cut in half the tomatoes, green olives, and Kalamata olives. Rinse and finely chop the green onion and red pepper.
Stir together the tomatoes, olives, onion, pepper, and capers until well mixed.
Whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, sugar, oregano, salt, and pepper to make the vinaigrette. Pour it over the ingredients and toss gently.
Chill for at least one hour. Serve cold.
- Leave out the tomatoes until a couple of hours before serving if you are making the night before.
- Let it chill for at least one hour in the fridge for the flavors to mingle for the best flavor.
- Use Roma tomatoes and scoop out the seeds if you can't eat tomato seeds.
Serving: 0.5cup | Calories: 51kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 213mg | Potassium: 45mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 247IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 9mg | Iron: 1mg