We handpicked the products and tools linked in this post. If you buy from one of these affiliate links, we may earn a small commission. Thanks for supporting Savor the Flavour!
Looking for the perfect way to beat the summer heat? Try our frozen virgin pink lemonade martini. It is guaranteed to help you cool down at your next backyard BBQ or picnic, plus it can be whipped up in the blender in a flash. It’s tart, sweet, and icy cold–just what the doctor ordered!
Is a frozen virgin pink lemonade martini healthy?
This drink is high in vitamin C and is low in fat and sodium. A serving size of 11 fluid ounces has 305 calories. For more nutritional information, scroll down to read the nutrition facts right after the recipe.
What type of glassware should I use to serve a frozen pink lemonade martini?
The best type of glassware for this drink is a martini glass. The drink will start to separate more easily if it’s not served in a martini glass. The crushed ice tends to float on top of the liquid if it’s served in a regular glass. Plus, it’s a lot more fun and special when it’s served in a pretty martini glass.
What ingredients are in a frozen virgin pink lemonade martini?
- Frozen lemonade from concentrate
- Orange juice
- Cranberry juice
- Crushed ice
What method do you use to make a frozen pink lemonade martini?
Our recipe is the blender version, so no cocktail shaker is needed. With the help of the blender, 5 1/2 cups of this drink can be made in 5 minutes. That amount will fill 4 martini glasses. If you need more, just make up another batch.
Can you make a frozen virgin pink lemonade martini in advance?
Yes, you certainly can. Mix up the drink in the blender, leave out the Sprite, and freeze the drink in an airtight container. When ready to use, thaw for 25 minutes, loosen the slush with a fork, pour in the Sprite, stir and enjoy. To save time, you may want to rim the martini glasses before company arrives.
What do you serve with a frozen virgin pink lemonade martini?
The choice is yours. This drink is sweet, tart and icy cold, so you’ll want to sip it. I prefer to serve this drink a little before dinner, while my children are really hungry and want a snack, but it would also make a wonderful after dinner drink on those long, lazy summer nights when everyone wants to stay up a little later.
Can you refreeze a frozen pink lemonade Martini?
Yes, you can. It’s much easier to make up a big batch of this recipe and freeze it then it is to make up just enough for 2 glasses. If you’re wanting to freeze this, the drink should be stored in an airtight, freezer-friendly container, like an empty gallon ice cream container or pint-sized mason jars with lids. Remember to allow an inch headspace for expansion so the glass container won’t break. When you take it out of the freezer, loosen it up a bit with a fork, then let it sit for 25 minutes so the slush melts a little. Add the Sprite, stir, and enjoy!
How to make a virgin pink lemonade Martini
Gather all the ingredients. Cut one lemon in half, and thinly slice the other one. Measure the sugar and the liquids.
To decorate the rim of the Martini glasses, pour the granulated sugar in a shallow bowl or on a plate, then wet the rim of the martini glass with half of a lemon.
Turn the martini glass upside down and twist it in the sugar to coat the rim. Repeat with the other glasses.
To make the drink, add the frozen concentrated lemonade to your blender.
Pour in the pulp free orange juice.
Next, add the cranberry juice. Omit it if you are using cranberry Sprite.
Pour in the grenadine for added color and sweetness, plus to make the drink a little bit thicker.
Finish off by adding the 3 cups of crushed ice. Blend for a few seconds until the drink is slushy and is thoroughly mixed.
Check the level of liquid by reading the side of the blender. You should have 4 1/2 cups before adding the Sprite.
Check the consistency of the drink. Is it slushy enough for you? If not, add a bit more crushed ice. Is the drink mixed well at the bottom? If not, blend on low for a few seconds.
The drink is now complete when the last ingredient, the Sprite or cranberry Sprite, is poured into the blender.
Gently stir with a spoon to mix in the Sprite.
Carefully pour the frozen pink lemonade into the prepared martini glass and garnish with a lemon wheel.
Drink immediately, or store the prepared glasses or any leftovers in the freezer for a couple of hours. When ready to use, let the prepared 10 fluid ounce drink thaw for 8 to 9 minutes, stir and enjoy.
Pro Tips for Making Virgin Pink Lemonade Martini
- Want this to look red? Add a couple of drops of red food coloring before blending. Great idea for Memorial Day, Canada Day, or July 4th.
- Don’t want to add soda pop? Add sparkling mineral water or sparkling apple cider, like Martinelli’s.
- Allergic to red food dye? Omit the grenadine and add 1/4 cup simple syrup.
- Be sure to serve this drink in a martini glass. The inverted cone shape of a martini glass helps the drink keep its uniformly slushy texture.
- Want to use a different sugar on the rims? Use ultra-fine cane sugar in the US, or caster sugar in the UK.
- Want a different garnish? Use a twist of lemon peel instead of a lemon wheel.
- Need to make a big batch ahead of time? Make up three batches for a total of 16 1/2 cups and keep it in the freezer covered. Break up any chunks with a fork and add the Sprite before serving.
Okay, what’s stopping you from making this drink? You know you want to try it, so go for it!
Our Go-To Kitchen Tools for Virgin Pink Lemonade Martini
- Set of 6 Glass Prep Bowls: this pretty bowls are great for holding prepped ingredients.
- Set of 3 Measuring Cups: these handy measuring cups are fantastic for making drinks.
- Set of 4 Measuring Spoons: it’s easy to measure grenadine and bitters with these spoons.
- Serving Spoons: stir a pitcher of martini effortlessly with these pretty serving spoons.
Refresh yourself with these other frozen summer drinks.
- Frozen Virgin Margarita: we love this drink’s lime and lemon goodness with a sweet slushy texture.
- The Best Virgin Strawberry Daiquiri: zesty lime and sweet strawberries make this drink really delicious.
- Copycat Chick-fil-A Frozen Lemonade: this refreshing and addictive drink is quick to make in your blender.
The pleasure of a 5-star review for this virgin pink lemonade martini would be greatly appreciated.Print
Frozen virgin pink lemonade martini is an easy recipe that is perfect for kids, teens, or families. This summer, learn how to make this fun and refreshing drink and make up a big batch for your next party.
For the Drink
- 12 fluid ounces frozen lemonade, from concentrate (354 ml)
- 1/2 cup pulp-free orange juice (118 ml)
- 1/4 cup 100% cranberry juice, no sugar added (omit if using cranberry Sprite) (60 ml)
- 1/4 cup grenadine (60 ml)
- 3 cups crushed ice, plus more if needed (370g)
- 1 cup plain or cranberry Sprite, chilled (236 ml)
For the Rims and Garnish
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar (37g)
- 1 lemon, halved, for rimming the glasses
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced for garnish
Preparing the Rims & Garnish
- Pour the sugar into a plate or shallow bowl and shake it gently from side to side to spread the sugar in an even layer. Take half of a lemon and run it around the rim of the martini glass to dampen, then turn the glass upside down and twirl in the sugar. Freeze the glasses if desired.
- Rinse and dry a lemon, then thinly slice crosswise into wheels. Cut a small slit in each lemon wheel so it can sit securely on the edge of the glass.
Making the Drink
- Measure out the ingredients. Omit the cranberry juice if you’re using cranberry Sprite. Be sure that all the ingredients are chilled to help the drink stay frozen longer.
- Pour all the ingredients except the crushed ice and Sprite into a blender. Blend until combined, then add the crushed ice, roughly 3 cups, until the level on your blender says 4 1/2 cups. Blend for a few seconds until the drink has a slushy consistency. If necessary, add a little bit more crushed ice to get the right slushy texture.
- Gently stir in the Sprite, then carefully pour into the rimmed glasses, making sure not to disturb the sugared rim.
- Garnish each drink with a lemon wheel, then enjoy right away. This drink can melt quickly on a hot day, so place the drinks in the freezer if you’re serving them later. Any leftovers can be stored covered in the freezer.
- Cranberry Sprite can be found in U.S. grocery stores around Thanksgiving and Christmas. It comes in 2-liter bottles or in cans. This drink tastes the best when made with cranberry Sprite.
- Keep the frozen lemonade concentrate frozen until just before using. This ingredient, along with the crushed ice, is key to the right texture of this frozen drink.
- The pleasure of a 5-star review for this virgin pink lemonade martini would be greatly appreciated.
- 👩🏻🍳 Want to see our latest recipes? Subscribe to our email newsletter to get our latest recipes, fun food facts, food puns, and behind the scenes news about our blog.
- Category: Beverages
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pink lemonade martini, non alcholic drinks, virgin martini recipes