We handpicked the products and tools linked in this post. If you buy from one of these affiliate links, we may earn a small commission. Thanks for supporting Savor the Flavour!
August and September means back-to-school and back-to-PBJ. But that good ol’ jar of peanut butter deserves more than just sandwiches! This no bake frozen peanut butter pie is the perfect after-school treat for you (because it’s an easy, make ahead dessert) and for the kids (because it’s pretty, yummy, and peanut-buttery). Just follow along to get the step-by-step photos.
How to Make Peanut Butter Pie
Get all the ingredients ready: peanut butter, cream cheese, icing sugar, heavy whipping cream, vanilla, chocolate chips, and peanuts. (You’ll need a graham cracker crust, too!)
Beat the cream cheese and icing sugar together until smooth.
Add in the peanut butter, milk, and vanilla.
Whip that wonderful cream until stiff.
Fold the whipped cream into the peanut butter mixture. Make sure that no brown or white streaks remain!
Smooth the filling in a 9-inch graham cracker crust: homemade or store bought. Check this post on how to make a homemade cookie crust; just swap the Oreo cookies for the graham crackers. Also make sure to read the additional tips under the notes in this recipe.
Decorate with homemade whipped cream by using a piping bag fitted with a star tip.
Don’t forget to drizzle with melted chocolate and sprinkle on some chopped peanuts!
Freeze the pie for 8 to 12 hours before slicing and serving to your hungry kids, both big and little.
- Use crunchy peanut butter instead of smooth for more texture.
- Change up this pie by using an Oreo crust instead of a graham cracker crust.
- Cover the top with chocolate ganache for extra chocolate.
- Make sure the cream cheese is softened before you start.
- Taste the peanut butter mixture and adjust the amount of icing sugar and peanut butter to your taste.
- Decorate the pie before it’s frozen to save time later.
- Freeze the pie preferably overnight to allow it to fully set.
- If the pie is too hard to cut, let it sit out of the freezer for a few minutes, then slice it with a knife dipped in hot water and dried.
Beat the heat with these other no bake treats!
- No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies: these beloved treats can be whipped up quickly to satisfy hungry kiddos.
- No Bake Cherry Cheesecake: this old fashioned dessert has been a family favorite for decades.
- No Bake Frozen Grasshopper Pie: a creamy-dreamy celebration of mint Oreos.
Share your thoughts on this no bake frozen peanut butter pie recipe. We’d love to hear how you enjoyed it!Print
This no bake frozen peanut butter pie is the perfect after-school treat for kids! Creamy peanut butter filling, graham cracker crust, whipped cream, and a chocolate drizzle will satisfy your sweet tooth. It’s super easy to make this frozen dessert!
For the Pie
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened (226g)
- 1 1/3 cups icing sugar (160g)
- 3/4 cup all-natural smooth peanut butter (192g)
- 2 tablespoons milk (30 ml)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream (236 ml)
- 1 9-inch graham cracker pie crust
For the Decoration
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream (157 ml)
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips (50g)
- 1 tablespoon roasted peanuts, chopped (10g)
Making the Pie (20 minutes)
- Place the softened cream cheese in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Sift in the icing sugar, then beat them together until smooth.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and beat in the peanut butter, milk, and vanilla extract until well blended.
- In a clean bowl, whip the cream using a hand-held electric mixer until the cream is stiff enough not to fall out of the bowl when it’s turned upside down.
- Stir two big spoonfuls of whipped cream into the peanut butter mixture to slacken it; then fold in the remaining whipped cream with a flexible spatula until no brown or white streaks remain.
- Spread the filling in a 9-inch graham cracker pie crust.
Decorating the Pie (20 minutes + 8-12 hours freezing)
- Whip the whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Fill a piping bag fitted with a star nozzle with the whipped cream.
- Melt the chocolate chips over a double boiler, then pour the melted chocolate into the corner of a sandwich bag. Twist the top and snip off the corner to create a piping bag.
- Coarsely chop the peanuts with a sharp knife.
- Pipe the cream in continuous loops around the edge of the pie, then drizzle with chocolate and sprinkle with peanuts as desired.
- Freeze the pie for 8 to 12 hours for it to fully set, then serve in slices.
- It’s recommended to make this pie the day before you’d like to serve it.
- Run the knife under hot water before slicing the pie to get a clean, easy slice.
- If you don’t have a ready-made graham cracker crust in your pantry, don’t panic! Combine 1 1/2 cups (approx. 13 graham cracker sheets or 186g) of graham cracker crumbs with 5 tablespoons of melted butter. Squeeze the mixture in your fist. If it falls apart, add more butter to hold it together. Pack the mixture into a 9-inch pie plate and chill in the freezer until ready to use.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Freezing
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: no bake, frozen, peanut butter pie