Super easy peach cobbler is a traditional Southern dessert. It’s so tasty, your family will want seconds! Use fresh or canned peaches and just a few simple ingredients to make a mouthwatering cobbler all from scratch.
For the Cobbler
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (115g)
- 3 cups fresh peaches, diced (445g)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (120g)
- 1 cup granulated sugar (198g)
- 1 cup whole milk (237 ml)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Place the butter in a 9×12-inch cake pan and put in the oven for about 5 minutes, until the butter is completely melted.
- Rinse 4 large peaches and dice them to get 3 cups (445g).
- Stir together the flour, sugar, milk, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl until well blended and most of the lumps are gone.
- Pour the batter into the melted butter, but don’t stir them together. The butter will give the peach cobbler a wonderful crust as it bakes.
- Evenly sprinkle the diced peaches over the batter, then bake at 350 F for 35-40 minutes until the cobbler is a beautiful golden brown. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
- Melt the butter in the pan instead of the microwave to save time.
- Whisk the batter to remove lumps.
- Feel free to use canned or frozen peaches, or even other types of fruit as well.
- Using canned peaches? Drain them well, then cut them into bite-size pieces to make the cobbler easier to eat and to distribute the fruit more evenly.
- This tastes the best the same day, but you can reheat leftovers and enjoy another time.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: peach cobbler, fresh