Oreo mug cake is a delicious microwave dessert that you can whip up in minutes. This easy recipe can be made vegan and gluten free as well. Just crush up some Oreo cookies, mix a few ingredients, and you have a sweet treat to enjoy!
- Pour the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt into a large, 16-ounce mug. Stir the dry ingredients together until well blended.
- Add the milk, oil, and vanilla to the dry ingredients and stir well, making sure to get into the corners of the mug. Stir the batter until most of the lumps are gone.
- Place three Oreo cookies, with the filling, in a sandwich bag and crush them with a rolling pin or meat mallet.
- Stir the crushed Oreos into the cake batter and microwave it on high for 2 minutes. The mug cake is done when a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool for at least 10 minutes before enjoying, as it will be very hot. Enjoy the cake while it's warm or at room temperature.
- It's very important to make sure that the ingredients are well mixed, and that there are no streaks of unincorporated flour.
- Crush the Oreos as fine or coarse as you like. More finely crushed cookies will be more evenly distributed throughout the cake, giving it a better flavor.
- Want a chocolate Oreo mug cake? Make this brownie mug cake and replace the chopped walnuts with the 3 crushed Oreos.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Microwave
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: oreo mug cake, cookies and cream mug cake