Non alcoholic strawberry margarita is an easy recipe that’s fun to serve in a pitcher for a crowd of kids or teens at your next outdoor party. It’s simple, fun and refreshing. Make a big batch and enjoy this fruity homemade blend that’s simply the best summer drink on a hot day.
For the Margarita
- 1 pound frozen cut strawberries, thawed slightly (2 1/4 cups)
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cup orange juice
- 12 fluid ounces frozen limeade concentrate
- 1 cup sparkling lime mineral water
For the Garnish
- 1 lime wedge
- 2 tablespoons margarita salt
- 6 lime wheels, thinly sliced from the center section of one medium lime
- 6 large strawberry slices
Prepping the Strawberries
- Rinse and hull the fresh strawberries. Set aside the six best strawberries to use as garnishes, then slice the rest into 1/4 inch slices. Cover the sliced berries and freeze for 30 minutes.
- Let the frozen sliced strawberries defrost on the counter for 15 minutes.
Making the Margarita
- Toss the fresh and frozen strawberries with the sugar until well combined.
- Puree the strawberries until smooth.
- Pour the puree into a large pitcher, then gently stir in the orange juice, frozen lime concentrate, and the sparkling lime mineral water.
Prepping the Garnishes
- Cut one lime into wedges, and the other lime into thin slices. Choose the best 6 slices and make another small cut so it will sit on the rim of the glass with ease. Set aside.
- Hull the six strawberries with a sharp paring knife. Do this by cutting a circle around the stem and lifting it out, then discard the hull. Cut a 1/4-inch slice out of the center of the strawberry.
- Pour two tablespoons of margarita salt on a small plate, and smooth it out so it’s evenly distributed.
Assembling the Margarita
- Take a lime wedge and run it around the rim of the six margarita glasses.
- Turn each glass upside down and swirl the rim into the margarita salt until the rim is evenly coated.
- Carefully pour the drink into each glass until it is 1/4 inch from the top.
- Garnish the rim with a fresh strawberry slice and a lime wheel. Serve immediately.
- Using a combination of both frozen and fresh strawberries, gives the best texture and taste.
- To help thicken the drink, freeze the fresh, sliced strawberries for 30 minutes.
- Omit the ice by using frozen strawberries and frozen limeade.
- Don’t swap out the orange juice because it is an important ingredient.
- If serving to kids, use plastic margarita glasses for a special touch.
- Category: Beverages
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: strawberry margarita, frozen