Non alcoholic strawberry citrus blush is a refreshing spring and summer drink made with three citrus juices, strawberries, easy simple syrup, and sparkling mineral water. It’s a perfect crowd pleaser to serve for kids, teens, and adults at a party, baby shower, or Easter brunch.
For the Strawberry Citrus Juice & Simple Syrup
- 1 cup granulated sugar (198g)
- 1 cup filtered water (236 ml)
- 2 1/2 cups orange juice (590 ml)
- 1 cup fresh strawberry puree (236 ml)
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced (140g)
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (from about 1 large lemon) (60 ml)
- 5 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice (from about 2–3 large limes) (74 ml)
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
For Each Drink
- 1/3 cup strawberry citrus juice (78 ml)
- 2 tablespoons simple syrup
- 1 fresh lime wedge
- 1 tablespoon grenadine
- 1/3 cup sparkling water (78 ml)
- Fresh rose petals, rinsed and patted dry (optional)
Making the Simple Syrup (5 minutes + chilling)
- Pour the sugar and water into a small saucepan and place over medium high heat. Stir continuously until the sugar has dissolved, then pour into a small jug with a spout and set in the fridge to cool.
Making the Strawberry Citrus Juice (15 minutes)
- While the simple syrup is chilling, make the strawberry citrus juice. Zest a lemon and place 2 teaspoons of zest in a 4-cup jug with a spout.
- Pour the orange juice into the jug, then squeeze the juice from the lemon and a couple fresh limes. You should have 1/4 cup lemon juice and 5 tablespoons lime juice. Stir all the juices together to blend.
- Rinse and hull 1 pint of strawberries. Roughly chop about half of the strawberries, then puree in a blender until smooth. Measure out 1 cup of puree and stir it into the citrus juice. Slice the remaining strawberries and add to the juice mixture.
Mixing Each Drink (2 minutes per drink)
- Pour 1/3 cup of the strawberry citrus juice into a 7 fluid ounce glass. Gently stir in 2 tablespoons of the chilled simple syrup, the juice of one lime wedge, 1 tablespoon of grenadine, and 1/3 cup of sparkling water until well blended.
- Garnish with fresh rose petals that have been rinsed and patted dry. Serve immediately.
- For health and safety, make sure the rose petals come from bushes that haven’t been sprayed or treated with any chemicals.
- For a pretty effect, stir together the strawberry citrus juice, simple syrup, and freshly squeezed lime juice in the glass. Pour the grenadine in slowly with a funnel, then slowly pour in the sparkling water also with a funnel. Don’t stir after this, since the grenadine will naturally settle to the bottom, giving the drink a unique look.