Non alcoholic strawberry citrus blush is a refreshing spring and summer drink made with three citrus juices, strawberries, easy simple syrup, and sparkling mineral water. It’s a perfect crowd pleaser to serve for kids, teens, and adults at a party, baby shower, or Easter brunch.
For the Strawberry Citrus Juice
- 1 cup fresh strawberry puree (236 ml)
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced (140g)
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (10 ml)
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups orange juice (590 ml)
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (from 1 large lemon) (60 ml)
- 5 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice (from 3 large limes) (74 ml)
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
For Each Drink
- 1/3 cup strawberry citrus juice (78 ml)
- 2 tablespoons simple syrup
- 1 tablespoon grenadine
- 1/3 cup sparkling water (78 ml)
- Fresh rose petals, rinsed and patted dry (optional)
Making the Strawberry Citrus Juice (15 minutes)
- Make the strawberry puree. Hull 2 pints of fresh strawberries. Puree about half of them and measure out 1 cup (236 ml) of puree. Slice the remaining strawberries and measure out 1 cup (140g).
- Macerate the sliced strawberries. Toss the sliced strawberries with 2 teaspoons of lemon juice, 1/4 teaspoon of sugar, and 1/8 teaspoon of salt. Let them stand for at least 10 minutes (preferably 30 minutes if you have the time) to bring out the berries’ sweetness and flavor.
- Zest and juice the citrus. Meanwhile, zest and juice the lemon, then juice the limes. Stir together the lemon, lime, and orange juices and the strawberry puree until blended.
- Muddle the strawberries. Once the sliced strawberries are macerated, lightly crush them with a muddler or the handle end of a wooden spoon. This releases more juices from the berries. Stir the muddled strawberries into the citrus juice mixture and chill until ready to serve.
Mixing Each Drink (2 minutes per drink)
- Mix it up. Pour 1/3 cup of the strawberry citrus juice into a cocktail shaker or large glass. Gently stir in 2 tablespoons of simple syrup, 1 tablespoon of grenadine, and 1/3 cup of sparkling water until well blended.
- Garnish and serve. Use a funnel to pour the mixture into a 7 ounce champagne flute. If desired, garnish with fresh rose petals that have been rinsed and patted dry. Serve immediately.
- For health and safety, make sure the rose petals come from bushes that haven’t been sprayed or treated with any chemicals.
- Want to make a pitcher of strawberry citrus blush? Stir together 4 cups of strawberry citrus juice, 1 1/2 cups of simple syrup, and 3/4 cup of grenadine. Refrigerate until ready to serve, then mix in the 4 cups of sparkling mineral water and pour into glasses to serve.
- The pleasure of a 5-star review for this strawberry citrus blush would be greatly appreciated.
- Category: Beverage
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: non alcoholic drinks, virgin drinks, non alcoholic drinks recipes