Virgin Piña Colada
Ready for paradise? Whip up our virgin piña colada for kids of all ages to enjoy at your next party. Cream of coconut, crushed pineapple, and pineapple juice mixed with ice is so refreshing on a hot day. Whether you are sitting on the beach or just wishing for a vacay to the tropics, one sip of this classic drink will transport you to the islands. Enjoy this simple recipe today!
Servings: 1 15-ounce drink
For the Garnish
- pineapple wedge
- maraschino cherry with stem
- pineapple leaves
Preparing the Garnishes (Optional)
Traditionally, piña coladas use hurricane glasses, but any tall, 16-ounce glassware will work. Place it in the fridge or freezer.
Cut off the top of the pineapple. Take the nicest, smaller fronds out to use as a garnish.
If desired, cut the outer skin off. Rinse, then cut into ¼-inch strips.
Cut the peeled pineapple in quarters lengthwise. Cut triangular wedges from one of the quarters, then round out the top edge with a knife if needed. Make a small slit with a knife near the point so it can rest on the rim of a glass.
Select some pretty cherries with stems. Make a small slit at the base, so the cherry can sit securely on the edge of the glass.
Making the Piña Colada
Core three quarters of a pineapple and cut into 1-inch chunks. If you like, you can freeze the leftovers.
Be sure to shake the pineapple juice and the cream of coconut well before you start.
Put the fresh pineapple chunks, pineapple juice, cream of coconut, and crushed ice in a blender. Pulse until smooth.
Pour into a glass and garnish with a wedge of fruit, maraschino cherry, pineapple fronds or pineapple skin strips. Insert a straw and enjoy.
- Use Coco Real cream of coconut drink mix for a creamy, thicker virgin piña colada that has a more dominant coconut taste.
- Use Coco Lopez for a thinner virgin piña colada that allows the pineapple taste to shine through more than the coconut.
- Want to reduce the fat content? Lower the amount of coconut cream or use coconut milk and add superfine white sugar right after the pineapple chunks.
- Health conscious? Use coconut milk, pineapple chunks, extra fine sugar, freshly squeezed lime juice, and tons of shaved ice.
Calories: 481kcal | Carbohydrates: 91g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 54mg | Potassium: 380mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 81g | Vitamin A: 41IU | Vitamin C: 29mg | Calcium: 47mg | Iron: 1mg