This no bake frozen peppermint pie is a creamy Christmas dessert that’s perfect for peppermint and Oreo lovers. This frozen treat is made with cream cheese, condensed milk, and homemade whipped cream. Your family will eat this up over the holidays!
For the Pie
- 8 ounces brick-style cream cheese, softened (225g)
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk (400g)
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Few drops of red food coloring
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream (240 ml)
- 1 9-inch homemade Oreo crust
For the Decoration
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream (175 ml)
- 12 round peppermint candies
Making the Filling (20 min + 20 hrs freezing)
- Place the cream cheese in the bowl of a stand mixer and beat with the paddle attachment until smooth, then scrape down the sides of the bowl. Beat in the sweetened condensed milk on medium-high speed until smooth.
- Add the peppermint extract and a drop of red food coloring, then blend until well mixed. Add more red food coloring to get the desired shade of pink.
- Whip the whipping cream with a handheld mixer on medium speed until it holds its shape, but is not stiff. Fold the whipped cream into the peppermint mixture until the mixture is smooth and free from lumps.
- Pour the filling into the Oreo crust and smooth with a rubber spatula. Freeze for at least 20 hours before serving.
Decorating (15 minutes)
- Whip the cream with a handheld mixer on medium speed until stiff. Spoon it into a piping bag fitting with a star nozzle.
- Pipe continuous swirls of whipped cream around the edge, then decorate with peppermint candies. Serve frozen.
- Freeze for at least 20 hours before serving for the best cheesecake-like texture.
- Decorate with starlight peppermints, candy canes, Oreo cookies, or chocolate chips.
- Too hard to slice? Let it sit on the counter for a few minutes or run your knife under hot water before slicing.
- Serving at an event? Pre-slice the pie and put it on top of ice so it stays frozen longer.
- Category: Pies
- Method: Frozen
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: peppermint pie, no bake pies, frozen peppermint pie