This super easy recipe for no bake frozen grasshopper pie is made with an Oreo crust, cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, and other yummy ingredients. This St. Patrick’s Day mint treat is sure to become a family favorite!
For the Pie
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Green food coloring
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 9-inch homemade Oreo crust
For the Decoration
- 7 mint Oreo cookies
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 15 mini M&Ms
Making the Filling (20 min)
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth, then scrape down the sides and beat in the sweetened condensed milk until well blended.
- Add the peppermint extract and enough green food coloring to color it mint green. Keep in mind that the color will lighten when the whipped cream is folded into the mixture.
- Whip the whipping cream until it is quite firm, but not dry. Fold it into the peppermint mixture until it is well mixed, then pour into the Oreo crust and smooth the top.
Decorating the Pie (10 min + 20 hrs freezing)
- Take the top cookie off of each Oreo, then slice all the tops and bottoms in half to get 14 mint halves and 14 plain halves. Arrange the Oreo halves around the edge in a decorative pattern. Crush any extra Oreos to make cookie crumbs.
- Whip the cream until it holds stiff peaks, then pipe it on the pie to decorate. Add mini M&Ms and Oreo crumbs if desired.
- Freeze for at least 20 hours before serving. If it is hard to slice, let it sit on the counter for 5-10 minutes and use a hot, dry knife to slice it.
- Be sure to use full-fat cream cheese for the best flavor and texture.
- To increase the mint flavor, use mint Oreos in the homemade Oreo crust instead of the regular ones. Make sure they're not the Double Stuf or thin ones, though!
- Glass pie plates work well for homemade Oreo crusts.
- Serve it frozen and store the leftovers in the freezer for up to 1 month.
- If you must keep it out of the freezer for a long time, put the dish in a larger dish filled with ice to help keep it cold.
- Category: Pies
- Method: Frozen
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: grasshopper pie recipe no alcohol, frozen grasshopper pie