No bake citrus granola bars are an easy, healthy snack that’s packed with protein to give you energy! Oatmeal, peanuts, dried fruit, and a hint of orange makes these chewy, gluten free bars a tempting snack. Feel free to change them up to your tastes.
- 2 cups quick oats (160g)
- 1 cup raisins (150g)
- 1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries (60g)
Nuts and Seeds
- 1 cup roasted peanuts, crushed lightly (150g)
- 1/2 cup sweetened dried coconut, shredded (38g)
- 1/4 cup ground flax seed (26g)
Extra Add Ins
- Zest of one medium orange, such as Minneola
- scant 1/2 cup liquid coconut oil (100g)
- scant 1/2 cup liquid honey (150g)
- 2/3 cup brown sugar, packed (150g)
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt (optional)
- Line the base and sides of a 9 by 9-inch pan with a sheet of parchment paper.
- Crush the peanuts by placing 1/3 cup of them in a sandwich bag. Lightly bang with a rolling pin until the peanuts are the size you want. Repeat the process until all the peanuts are crushed.
- In a large bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix the wet ingredients together, then pour into the dry ingredient bowl. If the coconut oil has solidified, warm it up in the microwave to turn into a liquid. Thoroughly mix all the ingredients together with a large spoon.
- Dump the granola mixture into the prepared pan. Press the mixture into the pan using your fingers and the bottom of a glass to really compact it.
- Cover with foil and place in the fridge for at least two hours so they can harden.
- Lift them out of the pan and cut the square of granola in half with a sharp knife. Cut each half into 1 1/4 inch bars.
- Store the bars in the fridge. Enjoy them as a snack or a dessert replacement.
- These bars are best stored in the fridge, since they soften quickly.
- If you plan on taking them in your lunch, wrap it in plastic wrap or put in a snack-sized Ziploc bag.
- Change the shape by rolling them into balls for energy balls.
- Category: Snack
- Method: Chilled
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: simple granola bar recipe, chewy granola bar recipe