This super easy cinnamon roll in a mug cooks in one minute in the microwave! This is a gooey, buttery mug cake that you’ll be making all the time.
For the Dough
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour (42g)
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar (16g)
- 1/3 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon light olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Filling
- 1 tablespoon salted butter, softened (15g)
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar (25g)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
For the Frosting
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar (35g)
- 1-2 teaspoons heavy whipping cream (5-10 ml)
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl until blended. Add the oil, vanilla, and enough milk to bring the mixture together into a smooth dough.
- Dump the dough out onto a floured work surface and roll it out into a long, narrow rectangle.
- Spread the softened butter on the dough, then sprinkle with the brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Roll up the dough tightly from one of the short sides and place it inside of a large mug.
- Microwave the cinnamon roll for 1 minute on high, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, sift the powdered sugar into a small bowl and gradually mix in enough cream to make a thick icing.
- As soon as the cinnamon roll is cooked, pour the icing on top and allow it to cool for about 10-15 minutes before enjoying.
- Handle the dough gently to prevent it from getting tough.
- Rolling the dough out thinly ensures a larger swirl and more layers of gooey filling.
- Make sure that you don't overcook the cinnamon roll, or it will be dried out.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Microwave
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cinnamon roll in a mug, tasty, recipe