This single serve vegan mug brownie is an amazing microwave dessert that is super quick to make! This easy treat has no egg and a wonderful fudgy texture.
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour (18g)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder (15g)
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar (51g)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon fine salt
- 3 tablespoons almond milk (45 ml)
- 1 tablespoon light olive oil (15 ml)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (5 ml)
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, chopped (16g)
- Dump the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, and salt into a large mug (at least 12 ounces). Stir until well blended.
- Add the almond milk, olive oil, and vanilla extract and stir until the brownie batter is well combined. Be sure to mix right into the corners of the mug so there are no lumps of flour.
- Gently stir the chopped walnuts into the brownie batter.
- Microwave the mug brownie on high for 1 minute and 15 seconds. A toothpick inserted into the center should come out clean.
- Let the mug brownie cool for 5 minutes before enjoying.
- The most important step is ensuring that the brownie batter is well mixed. There should not be any lumps or streaks of flour in the batter.
- Be careful not to overcook the brownie, as that will make it tough and unappetizing.
- For a gooey texture, undercook the brownie by 10 seconds. It will be cooked on top, but a have a gooey layer on the bottom kind of like a chocolate lava cake.
- Don't have a large mug on hand? Use a small microwave safe bowl or a larger ramekin instead.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Microwave
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan mug brownie, recipe