Mixed spice is a British blend that’s perfect for baking apple pies or adding to cake, cookies, hot cross buns, or Christmas baking recipes. It’s a sweet blend you can give as a homemade gift, or use to make delicious tea treats and dessert recipes.
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 2/3 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2/3 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2/3 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground mace
- Mix all ingredients together with a wire whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Store in an airtight, labeled container in a cool, dark place for up to 3 months.
- Use the freshest spices you can find. Preferably, grind your own with a mortar and pestle or grinder.
- Sieve the mixture to remove any large pieces.
- Store it away from light and heat.
- It will keep in a cool, dry place for up to 3 months. After that, its flavor will start to dull.
- Category: Spice Blends
- Method: Mixing
- Cuisine: British
Keywords: recipes using, uses