Low carb bell pepper salad is a super healthy side dish or vegan main course that the whole family will love. Red, yellow, and orange peppers, cucumbers, onion, herbs, and a homemade dressing make this easy salad full of color, flavor, and nutrients. It’s a perfect addition to a clean eating meal for weight loss!
For the Salad
- 1 large orange bell pepper, thinly sliced in one inch lengths
- 1 large red bell pepper, thinly sliced in one inch lengths
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced in one inch lengths
- 1/2 English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/3 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh chives, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh mint, cut into ribbons
For the Dressing
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (from about 2 large lemons)
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper, and sugar until well blended.
- In a large bowl, combine the bell peppers, cucumber, red onion, chives, and mint.
- Pour the dressing over the vegetables and toss to combine. Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Add 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese just before serving if you want more protein.
- Category: Salad
- Method: Chopping
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: bell pepper, salad