Chocolate dipped coconut macaroons are a super easy treat that’s quick to make. These chewy Christmas cookies will definitely be a hit at a cookie exchange. Grab some egg whites and whip up the best macaroons ever!
- 5 1/3 cups sweetened coconut flakes (396g)
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar (135g)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour (30g)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 ounces dark chocolate chips, optional (170g)
- Preheat the oven to 325 F. Line two 11×17-inch cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Use your hands to combine the coconut flakes, sugar, flour, and salt in a large mixing bowl until well mixed.
- Mix in the egg whites and vanilla extract until the mixture is thoroughly combined.
- Drop the mixture in rounded teaspoonfuls onto the prepared trays, spacing the macaroons about 2 inches apart.
- Bake each tray one at a time for 18-20 minutes at 325 F, until the macaroons are nicely browned.
- Let the macaroons cool on the parchment paper for a few minutes, then peel them off the paper and let them cool on a wire rack.
- To make chocolate dipped macaroons, pour the chocolate chips into a shallow heatproof bowl and set over a saucepan of gently simmering water. Make sure that the bottom of the bowl doesn’t touch the water. Stir occasionally until the chocolate is melted.
- Dip the bottoms of the macaroons in the melted chocolate, then place on parchment-lined cookie sheets. Drizzle the remaining chocolate over the macaroons and chill for 30 minutes to harden the chocolate.
- Make this recipe perfectly the first time. Check out the step-by-step photos and pro tips before the recipe card.
- The pleasure of a 5-star review for this coconut macaroon recipe would be greatly appreciated.
- 👩🏻🍳 Want to see our latest recipes? Subscribe to our email newsletter to get our latest recipes, fun food facts, food puns, and behind the scenes news about our blog.
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: easy coconut macaroons, chewy coconut macaroons