This quick and easy drink is the perfect drink for kids and adults to enjoy on St. Patrick’s Day. Coffee, brown sugar, and rum extract are topped with whipped cream to make this fancy mocktail. Stay warm with this fun drink!
- 2/3 cup strong black coffee (157 ml)
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon rum extract
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream (60 ml)
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder, for garnish (optional)
- Fill a glass mug with 2/3 cup of hot coffee. Add the sugar and rum extract and stir until dissolved. Let the cup stand still until the mixture has completely stopped swirling.
- Meanwhile, beat the cream in a medium bowl until it’s thick and airy, but still pourable. Pour it into a jug with a spout.
- Pour the cream over the back of a spoon right in the center of each mug.
- If desired, dust the cream with cocoa powder using a stencil, and serve immediately.
- Use strong, freshly brewed coffee for the best flavor. Use caffeinated or decaf, whichever you prefer.
- Adjust the amount of rum extract to your personal taste.
- Be sure to use real heavy whipping cream that you’ve whipped yourself. Cool Whip and Reddi Whip will not be good substitutes.
- Pour the whipped cream over the back of a spoon. This keeps the cream floating on top.
- Do a practice drink to check your cream-pouring skills. Go slow–you can always make another one!
- Category: Beverage
- Method: Whipped
- Cuisine: Irish
Keywords: non alcoholic, recipe