This quick and easy drink is the perfect drink for kids and adults to enjoy on St. Patrick’s Day. Coffee, brown sugar, and rum extract are topped with whipped cream to make this fancy mocktail. Stay warm with this fun coffee drink!
- 2/3 cup strong black coffee (157 ml)
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon rum extract
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream (60 ml)
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder, for garnish (optional)
- Fill a glass mug with 2/3 cup of hot coffee. Add the sugar and rum extract and stir until dissolved. Let the cups stand still until the coffee has completely stopped swirling.
- Meanwhile, beat the cream in a medium bowl until it’s thick and airy, but still pourable. Transfer the cream to a jug with a spout.
- Pour the cream over the back of a spoon right in the center of each mug. There should be a sharp line between the coffee and floating cream.
- If desired, dust the cream with cocoa powder using a stencil, and serve immediately.
- Feel free to adjust the amount of rum extract to your preference, or leave it out entirely.
- The pleasure of a 5-star review for this non alcoholic Irish coffee would be greatly appreciated.
- 👩🏻🍳 Want to see our latest recipes? Subscribe to our email newsletter to get our latest recipes, fun food facts, food puns, and behind the scenes news about our blog.
- Category: Beverage
- Method: Whipped
- Cuisine: Irish
Keywords: non alcoholic, recipe