We handpicked the products and tools linked in this post. If you buy from one of these affiliate links, we may earn a small commission. Thanks for supporting Savor the Flavour!
Holiday spiced nuts are the perfect snack food for entertaining. These nuts are a nice balance of sweet and spicy from the brown sugar and cumin. I’m a firm believer that everything tastes better with butter, 😋 so melted butter is the binding agent in this easy snack. To start, melt some butter in a small saucepan and pour over the nuts. Pecans work really well for this recipe as they have lots of grooves for the sugar spice mixture to settle into. Stir the nuts until they are well coated, then spread them out on a parchment-lined cookie sheet. Toast the nuts in a 325 F oven for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes.
If you plan on mixing pecans with almonds, the pecans will be done quicker. Once roasted to perfection, take them out of the oven and place in a bowl. Add the brown sugar, cumin, salt, and freshly ground black pepper, then mix well to distribute the spices evenly. Let them cool completely before storing in an airtight container. In the spirit of Christmas baking, I encourage you to recruit some little helpers to join you in making this healthy and addictive holiday snack. 🎄
Holiday spiced nuts are a sweet, salty, and spicy snack of pecans and almonds that’s super easy to make. Warning: they’re addictive!
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups mixed nuts, pecans, unsalted almonds or walnuts (I prefer just pecans)
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Turn the oven on to 325 F.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan. Stir in the nuts until they are well coated.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread the nuts out evenly on the cookie sheet. Roast the nuts for 15 to 20 minutes, checking them every 5 minutes to stir. After the 15 minute mark, check every 3 minutes.
- Pour the warm, roasted nuts into a medium bowl. Add the brown sugar, cumin, salt, and black pepper. Stir well to combine.
- Let the nuts cool for 10 minutes before eating.
- Cool the nuts completely before storing in an airtight container. Serve at room temperature.
- Make sure to use unsalted, non-roasted almonds for this recipe.
- Pecans toast quicker than almonds, so if you decide to mix the two together, they will be done first.
- In this recipe, I prefer the pecans over the roasted almonds because there are more grooves for the spices to settle into, so there is more flavor in every bite compared to the almonds.
- This makes a fantastic and easy gift. Just make up a batch,and assemble in a container and fancy it up with ribbon, raffia, pretty string, pretty labels, or gift tags.
- Category: Snacks
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Christmas spiced nuts, savory spiced nuts