This easy ham and cheese sliders recipe is made with tasty homemade Hawaiian rolls, deli honey ham, and sliced provolone. Brush on the hot butter sauce with brown sugar and spices. Cover these crowd pleasing sandwiches with foil and bake to perfection in the oven. They’re super simple to make ahead for your next game day party, and are the best snack idea for kids.
For the Glaze
- 1/3 cup butter, melted (76g)
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worchestire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
For the Sliders
- 12 Hawaiian sweet rolls, cut in half
- 1 pound deli thinly sliced honey ham (453g)
- 1 pound provolone sliced cheese (453g)
- 1/3 cup Dijon mustard (80g)
For the Toppings
- 1 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon onion, minced
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese (15g)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
For the Garnish
- 12 slices dill pickles
- 12 green olives
Making the Glaze
- Cut the butter in 1 tablespoon slices and place in a medium bowl. Cover the bowl and microwave for 30 to 40 seconds, until melted.
- Add the brown sugar, Worchestire sauce, garlic powder, and black pepper to the butter and whisk until blended.
Assembling the Sliders
- Cut the rolls in half and place the bottom half in a 9×13-inch pan. The buns should fit tightly together.
- Cover the rolls with two layers of ham slices, then one layer of provolone slices. Top with another two layers of ham slices.
- Spread the Dijon mustard on top of the ham, then put on the top of the buns.
- Brush the glaze on top of the buns, making sure to get it in the cracks too.
Topping the Sliders
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Sprinkle poppy seeds, minced onion, grated Parmesan, and chopped parsley on top of the buns.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 15 minutes, then uncover and bake for another 10 minutes to brown the top of the buns.
- Let it cool in the pan for 15 minutes before cutting them apart.
Garnishing the Sliders
- Spear a pimento-stuffed green olive through the side so the red pimento will be visible, then push the toothpick into a sliced dill pickle coin. Center the garnish on top of the ham and cheese slider bun and press down to keep it in place.
- To make this an easy meal, serve the sliders with grape tomatoes and jalapeno kettle potato chips.
- The pleasure of a 5-star review for this ham and cheese slider recipe would be greatly appreciated.
- Category: Sandwiches
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: brown sugar, oven baked, easy