Ginger beer mocktail with lime is a nonalcoholic drink that has distinctive health benefits. This easy drink is best for teens and adults. It’s a delicious and nutritious drink that is quick to make and is great for a party.
For an Individual Drink
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (30 ml)
- 1/4 cup orange juice, chilled (60 ml)
- 3 tablespoons simple syrup, chilled (45 ml)
- 1/4 teaspoon Angostura orange bitters
- 1 1/2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice (22 ml)
- 1/2 cup Cock 'n Bull ginger beer, chilled (118 ml)
For the Rim & Garnish
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 lime wheel
- 2 ice cubes
- Decorate the rim of the glass. Pour the water into a small bowl. In another bowl, mix together the white sugar and cinnamon. Dip the rim in the water, then twirl it in the sugar mixture.
- To build the drink in the glass, carefully pour in all the ingredients except the carbonated drink. Stir then top off with the ginger beer. Gently stir.
- To make the drink in a pitcher, stir together all the ingredients except the carbonated drink, and refrigerate until ready to serve. To assemble, fill each glass half full with the top off with ginger beer and gently stir.
- Garnish each glass with a lime wheel and an ice cube.
- To make this for 8 people, use 1 cup maple syrup, 2 cups orange juice, 3/4 cup simple syrup, 2 teaspoons Angostura orange bitters, 1 cup lime juice (from 8-10 limes), and 4 cups of ginger beer.
- To make the simple syrup, 1 cup each of granulated sugar and water to a small pot. Stir over medium high heat until the sugar has dissolved. Pour into a container and cool in the freezer for 10 minutes before using. Any leftovers can be stored in a mason jar in the fridge.
- To make this for a small child, add more orange juice to their glass to reduce the spiciness..
- Category: Beverages
- Method: Chilled
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: ginger beer, fall drinks, non alcoholic