This moist and fluffy funfetti mug cake is easy to make in your microwave. This delicious treat can be made vegan and gluten free. Top with a swirl of icing, and you have a wonderful no egg dessert!
- Pour the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt into a large, 16-ounce mug. Stir until well blended.
- Add the milk, oil, and vanilla extract to the dry ingredients and mix until combined. Make sure to scrape the corners of the mug to get out every bit of flour. For a fluffier result, let the batter stand for 5-10 minutes at this step.
- Stir the sprinkles into the batter and microwave for 2 minutes on high. You'll know the cake is cooked when a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let the mug cake cool for at least 10 minutes before eating.
- Want to make frosting? Blend together 4 tablespoons softened unsalted butter (57g), 1 1/4 cup sifted powdered sugar (180g), 1/4 teaspoon almond extract, and 1-2 tablespoons of heavy whipping cream (15-30 ml) until fluffy. Add a drop of food coloring if desired.
- Be sure to mix the batter thoroughly until there are no lumps or streaks of flour.
- Make sure to use rainbow sprinkles, also called jimmies, for the best results.
- Category: Cake
- Method: Microwave
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: funfetti mug cake mix, birthday cake in a mug