This nonalcoholic frozen cherry limeade is a refreshing and healthy take on the Sonic slushie. This version takes minutes to make, and uses frozen cherries and limeade concentrate to make it super easy. Kids and adults will love this tasty cold drink!
- 4 cups frozen sweet cherries, pitted (582g)
- 12 fl oz can frozen limeade concentrate (355 ml)
- 1/4 cup water (60 ml)
- 8.75 fl oz can lime Perrier (258 ml)
- Place the frozen cherries and the frozen limeade concentrate into a blender and puree with the water until smooth. Do this step in two or three batches if you don’t have a powerful blender, adding extra water if needed.
- Stir the lime Perrier into the cherry limeade mixture and pour the liquid into a large, freezer-friendly container with a lid.
- Freeze the drink for 2 1/2 hours, stirring halfway through. Spoon the slushie into glasses and garnish with a fresh lime slice and maraschino cherries. Enjoy immediately.
- Make sure you’re using sweet, dark cherries with the pits removed.
- Substitute the frozen limeade with 1 cup of freshly squeezed lime juice and simple syrup to taste.
- Any sparkling water, such as San Pellegrino, will work in this recipe.
- You can save time by skipping the freezing, but this drink won’t have the slushie texture that way.
- Category: Drinks
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: frozen concentrate, slushie, recipe