Our Panda Express fried rice recipe is easy to learn how to make in minutes. This DIY copycat restaurant recipe is made with eggs and is budget friendly, quick, and gluten free.
- 3 tablespoons butter (42g)
- 3 1/2 cups cooked long grain white rice, such as jasmine or basmati (465g)
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup liquid aminos or reduced sodium soy sauce (60 ml)
- 1 cup peas and carrots, frozen (125g)
- 3/4 teaspoon sesame oil, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 cup green onion, optional
- Beat the two eggs with a fork.
- Melt the butter in a wok over medium high heat, then pour in the eggs. Stir with a wooden spoon to help break up the eggs until they are cooked.
- Add in the cooked white rice and liquids aminos or soy sauce and cook one minute.
- Dump in the frozen peas and carrots and cook for three minutes while stirring so nothing burns.
- Remove from the heat and add in the optional sesame oil and salt. Mix well.
- Serve hot and garnish with sliced green onion.
- If you don't have leftover rice, cook the long grain white according to package directions, allow to cool on the counter, cover and chill in the fridge until cold.
- Use cooked, cold rice that is up to one day old.
- Panda Express' version has a very plain and neutral taste.
- For best results, use a wok.
- To add freshness, use thinly sliced green onion as a garnish.
- Category: Side
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: Panda Express fried rice recipe, nutrition