Learn how to make copycat Chipotle fajita veggies with our easy recipe. Sauteed peppers and onions sizzle on the stove to make an easy vegan side dish that is perfect for fajitas, burrito bowls, and tacos. It’s healthy, quick, and so simple to make.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (45 ml)
- 3 cups green bell peppers, sliced (231g)
- 2 cups red onion, sliced (180g)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon dried Mexican oregano
- Heat the oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium high heat until it’s shimmering and very hot.
- Add the green bell pepper, the red onion, and the kosher salt. Toss it around a bit to mix it up, then stir occasionally as it cooks for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle on the Mexican oregano, stir it around and saute for 1 or 2 more minutes. You’ll want the veggies to look bright and tender crisp.
- Serve hot.
- Substitute yellow, red, or orange bell peppers for extra color.
- Swap out the red onion for white or yellow for a different look.
- Use rice bran oil (that’s what Chipotle uses) instead of classic olive oil. It has a high smoke point.
- Use Italian dried oregano or fresh oregano, if you can’t find Mexican oregano.
- Use table salt if you’re out of kosher salt.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chipotle fajita veggies nutrition, onions and peppers for fajitas