This Caprese bruschetta recipe is an easy appetizer to make ahead for your next party. Made with traditional toppings, this elegant Italian finger food is vegetarian, simple, and healthy. Drizzle on the balsamic reduction sauce to make it extra special.
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar (240 ml)
- 3 cups fresh Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced (493g)
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, julienned (10g)
- 2 French baguettes, cut in 1/2 inch slices
- 1/4 cup olive oil (60 ml)
- 2 large garlic cloves, peeled
- 12 slices of fresh mozzarella (233g)
Making the Balsamic Reduction Sauce
- Pour 1 cup of balsamic vinegar into a small saucepan, then turn the heat to medium. Cover the sauce pan and bring the vinegar to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium low and remove the lid. Allow the vinegar to simmer uncovered until the it has has reduced in half, roughly 8 to 10 minutes. Stir occasionally with a wooden spoon.
- When the glaze is done, it should coat the back of the wooden spoon. Remove from heat and pour into a bowl to cool. As it cools, the glaze will thicken. Any leftovers can be stored in an airtight jar.
Making the Tomato Salad
- Rinse the roma tomatoes, then split them in half lengthwise. Scoop out the pulp and seeds with a spoon, then finely dice the remaining tomato flesh.
- Mix the diced tomatoes with the minced garlic, salt, and pepper, then stir in one teaspoon of white balsamic vinegar.
- Wash 8 or 9 large basil leaves, pat dry, stack, and cut into ribbons. Gently mix the basil ribbons into the tomato salad.
- Let the salad stand at room temperature while you toast the baguettes.
Assembling the Bruschetta
- Make sure the oven rack is 6 inches from the broiler, then turn the oven broiler on high.
- Diagonally slice a baguette with a serrated knife, then lay the slices on a large cookie sheet. Brush both sides of the bread with olive oil.
- Broil the baguettes on both sides until lightly browned. Watch closely, because some slices will be done quicker. Remove the baguette slices. Turn off the broiler and preheat the oven to 400F.
- While the bread is still warm, lightly rub both sides of each baguette with a peeled garlic clove.
- Place one slice of fresh mozzarella on each baguette slice. Bake the toast at 400 F for 4-6 minutes, until the mozzarella is soft and melted. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with salt.
- Place a few spoonfuls of the bruschetta on top of each slice of toasted baguette.
- Drizzle each piece with homemade balsamic reduction sauce, then enjoy immediately.
- Make this recipe perfectly the first time. Check out the step-by-step photos and pro tips before the recipe card.
- The pleasure of a 5-star review for this Caprese bruschetta recipe would be greatly appreciated.
- 👩🏻🍳 Want to see our latest recipes? Subscribe to our email newsletter to get our latest recipes, fun food facts, food puns, and behind the scenes news about our blog.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Chopped
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: easy bruschetta, caprese bruschetta recipe