Easy lime and mint refresher is a non alcoholic beverage made with lime juice, simple syrup, mint syrup, and sparkling mineral water. It’s an easy drink recipe that will please guests at a summer party, Easter brunch, or baby shower.
For the Mint Syrup
- 1 cup granulated sugar (200g)
- 1 cup filtered water (236 ml)
- 1/2 cup fresh mint, chopped
For Each Drink
- 1/4 cup simple syrup, chilled
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon mint syrup
- Sparkling mineral water, chilled
- 1 slice of cucumber, quartered
- 1 sprig of fresh mint
- 1 lime wheel
Making the Infused Syrup (10 min + 1 hour steeping)
- Pour the sugar and water into a medium saucepan and stir together over medium heat until the sugar has dissolved.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer, then add the chopped mint and cook for 2-3 minutes. Remove from the heat, cover, and let steep at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Strain out the leaves and let it chill until needed.
Making the Drink (10 minutes)
- Combine 1/4 cup simple syrup, 1 tablespoon lime juice, and 1 tablespoon infused syrup in the glass, then top with about 2/3 cup of sparkling mineral water. Stir gently to combine.
- Garnish with a slice of cucumber cut into fourths and a sprig of fresh mint. Place a citrus wheel on the rim of the glass and serve immediately.
- Let the syrup steep for at least 1 hour for a strong mint flavor.
- Chill the ingredients to eliminate the need for ice.
- Squeeze your own juice for the freshest flavor.
- Feel free to change up the flavor by adding extra mint syrup or lime juice to taste.
- Make Ahead: stir together all the ingredients, except the sparkling water, and refrigerate. Just before serving, add the sparkling water and garnishes.
- Category: Beverage
- Method: Stirred
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: lime and mint refresher, mocktail, non alcoholic