Easy baked jalapeño poppers are a low carb, vegetarian finger food that’s a perfect snack on game night. Cream cheese, cheddar, fresh garlic, and sriracha sauce make these stuffed jalapeños a crowd pleasing appetizer. Your friends will want you to make these delicious morsels for a Super Bowl party!
For the Poppers
- 12 large jalapeño peppers, halved and seeded
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened (226g)
- 1 cup extra-sharp white cheddar, grated (75g)
- 1 tablespoon sriracha sauce, plus extra for drizzling if desired
For the Sriracha Mayo Dipping Sauce
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1 tablespoon sriracha sauce
Preparing the Peppers & Garlic (25 minutes)
- Peel and mince the garlic cloves.
- Rinse the jalapeños and slice each one in half lengthwise without cutting off the stems. Remove the seeds and membrane from each pepper half with a grapefruit spoon.
- Place the cream cheese in a medium bowl and beat with a handheld electric mixer until fluffy, then beat in the grated cheese, minced garlic, and sriracha sauce until well blended.
Stuffing & Baking the Poppers (10 minutes + 15 minutes cooking)
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. Line a large cookie sheet with aluminum foil.
- Spread the filling inside each jalapeño, being careful not to overfill. Place in rows on the prepared cookie sheet. Make sure the peppers are level, or the filling will slide off as they bake.
- Bake the peppers at 400 F for 15-20 minutes, until the filling is lightly browned and gently bubbling.
- Let the peppers cool for 5 minutes, then drizzle with additional sriracha sauce if desired. Serve hot with sriracha mayo.
Making the Sriracha Mayo Dipping Sauce (3 minutes)
- Mix the mayo and sriracha sauce together until fully blended. Serve chilled.
- Smooth-skinned jalapeños are less spicy than wrinkly-skinned ones.
- Have sensitive skin? Wear food-safe gloves when slicing the jalapeños.
- Leave the stems on the peppers to make them easier to eat.
- Try to make both halves lay flat, or the filling may slide off in the oven.
- Don't overfill the poppers. The filling puffs and bubbles as it cooks, and extra filling will fall out of the popper and stick to the tray.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: baked, cream cheese, roasted