We handpicked the products and tools linked in this post. If you buy from one of these affiliate links, we may earn a small commission. Thanks for supporting Savor the Flavour!
Do you like your potato wedges crispy on the outside, but soft in the inside? Then this recipe will be something you definitely need to try! It’s easy, and requires only a few ingredients. With only 15 minutes prep time, you can be feasting on these tasty morsels in an hour without having to go through the drive thru to satisfy your craving.
If you’re a fan of french fries, you will love potato wedges. Why? Each piece is wider, so with each bite you get more. They are healthier for you, as they are oven baked and not deep fried. Plus, it is easier to achieve that desirable golden brown color because there are only two sides to brown.
Homemade potato wedges use fresh potatoes that are hand cut. It’s the perfect side dish to serve at a casual lunch or dinner. It can also be used as a crowd pleasing appetizer. Make up a big batch and serve it with ketchup, vinegar, salsa, gravy, or sriracha mayo.Print
In this easy recipe, these crispy baked potato wedges are baked, not fried, to make them healthier! They’re a fantastic, comfort food appetizer for Super Bowl, Olympics, or any game day. Plus, they’re gluten free and vegetarian.
- 8 medium-sized russet potatoes, scrubbed and cut lengthwise into eighths
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- sprinkle of salt
- sprinkle of ground black pepper
- sprinkle of paprika
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup Romano cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Line a large, rimmed cookie sheet with foil.
- Select 8 potatoes that are approximately the same length and diameter, then scrub them well. Keep the skins on the potatoes.
- Slice each potato into eighths by cutting the potato in half lengthwise. Then cut the halves into fourths, and finish by cutting the fourths into eighths. To make the wedges look the best, cut off any bad parts. Rinse the wedges in a colander and blot off any remaining moisture with a paper towel.
- Arrange the potato wedges in rows on the cookie sheet, laying each slice on its side. Be careful not to overcrowd the tray.
- Using a small pastry brush, brush the olive oil on the uncut part of the potato that is facing up, then sprinkle the potatoes with salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Bake the potatoes for 30 minutes.
- Take the tray out of the oven. Turn each potato wedge over, using tongs, so the other side can get golden brown. If necessary, brush with more oil. If you would like, sprinkle with more salt, black pepper and paprika.
- Put the cookie sheet back in the oven for another 30 minutes at 375 F.
- While the potato wedges finish cooking, grate the cheese and chop up the fresh parsley. Mix these together in a large bowl.
- When the potato wedges are done to your liking, take them out of the oven. Put the wedges into the large bowl and gently coat with the parsley cheese mixture.
- Transfer the potatoes to a serving bowl and serve warm with ketchup, vinegar, gravy, or sriracha mayo.
Feel free to add whatever kind of spices you like to make variations of this recipe.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: crispy baked potato wedges, healthy baked potato wedges