We handpicked the products and tools linked in this post. If you buy from one of these affiliate links, we may earn a small commission. Thanks for supporting Savor the Flavour!
Creamy spinach dip is an easy appetizer to whip up for company. This past week, I made this dip and brought it to a gathering of twenty people. It seemed to be quite popular with the men that were there that night, due to the extra kick it from the hot sauce.
I served it in a round bread bowl with chunks of bread to use for dipping. Try dipping plain potato chips, round tortilla chips, round crackers, or raw vegetables into this delicious dip! This quick appetizer comes together in 15 minutes, and as an added bonus it uses ingredients that most people have in their pantries.
If you don’t have a bread bowl, just serve the creamy spinach dip in a pretty bowl surrounded by your chunks of bread. If you’re feeling adventurous, use our easy white mountain bread recipe for your bread bowl. You will not only increase your bread making skills, but you will definitely impress your guests with this lovely round loaf. I encourage you to add this crowd pleasing dip to your appetizer repertoire–your family and friends will thank you!Print
This creamy spinach dip is an easy, low carb appetizer recipe served cold in a bread bowl. It’s a wonderful dish to bring for a party or family gatherings!
For the Dip
- 9 ounces frozen spinach, thawed and chopped
- 2 cups sour cream
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise (not salad dressing)
- 2 tablespoons canned roasted red peppers
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- 2 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- One round loaf at least 8 inches in diameter (like our easy White Mountain Bread)
Making the Spinach Dip
- Thaw the package of spinach. Squeeze out all the water by draining it in a sieve and pressing the water out with a spoon. On a cutting board, tear the clumps of spinach apart and chop the spinach into smaller pieces. Put the spinach in a medium bowl.
- Wash and chop the chives. Cut the roasted red peppers into smaller chunks.
- Add the chives, sour cream, mayo, hot sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt and white pepper to the bowl of spinach and stir until well combined. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
Preparing the Bread Bowl
- Using a bread knife, carefully cut a circle for the opening. Scoop out the bread with your hands and tear into bite size pieces. Put the bread chunks in a bowl and cover. Don’t refrigerate.
- If necessary, purchase or make a second round loaf to cut up into chunks for dipping.
- Put the lid back on the bread bowl and let it sit on the counter.
- Just before serving, stir the creamy spinach dip and spoon into the bread bowl.
- Serve immediately.
- You might want to purchase or make two 8 inch round loaves. One to serve the dip and the other to cut into cubes for dipping. It depends how many people you are serving this to.
- If you have left over dip, make sure to refrigerate it. If you don’t want the bread bowl to go soggy on the bottom, take the left over dip out.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Chilled
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: easy cold spinach dip, spinach dip knorr