Looking for an alternative to tuna salad? Try this healthy and delicious sardine salad. It’s made from canned sardines in oil, and is mixed with crunchy vegetables, lemon juice, and hot sauce. Even sardine haters will enjoy eating this appetizer!
- 1/4 cup dill pickles, chopped
- 1/4 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 7.5 ounces canned sardines in oil, drained
- 1/3 cup Duke’s mayo
- 3/4 teaspoon sriracha (add more to taste)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Chop the pickles, celery, and onion into small pieces.
- Drain the sardines, place them in a medium bowl, and break them up with a fork.
- Stir in the mayo, sriracha, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, and black pepper until well combined. Adjust the amount of sriracha to taste.
- Serve chilled with crackers as an appetizer or in a sandwich for lunch.
- The pleasure of a 5-star review for this sardine salad would be greatly appreciated.
- 👩🏻🍳 Want to see our latest recipes? Subscribe to our email newsletter to get our latest recipes, fun food facts, food puns, and behind the scenes news about our blog.
- Category: Salad
- Method: Chopped
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: sardine recipes, spicy sardine salad