Cranberry-Orange Sauce is one Thanksgiving recipe that you will want to make year round.
It is so flavorful that you will want to cook up a pot to serve with your next roasted turkey.
My three girls absolutely love this cranberry-orange sauce and enjoy eating it even in the heat of a humid Georgia summer.
- 4 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup of marmalade
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. freshly grated orange zest
- 3 Orange zest strips for garnish
- Clean the cranberries by putting them in a colander and rinsing them with tap water.
- Put the marmalade, orange juice, and sugar in a saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil while stirring to dissolve the sugar.
- Place the cranberries into the saucepan and bring to a boil. Simmer for 10 minutes or until the cranberries’ skins have popped.
- Remove from the heat, and stir in the orange zest strips.
- Transfer to a bowl and cool the Cranberry-Orange sauce at room temperature.
- You can serve it warm or chilled. Just remember the sauce will thicken when cooled.
- Store the sauce covered in the fridge.
The cranberry sauce can be stored in the fridge for several days, but in my house. It never lasts that long. It’s too yummy!