Cranberry apple cider mocktail is a simple recipe that’s perfect for holiday entertaining, or just celebrating the weekend. With this recipe, you can make this stunning, low-calorie drink for one person (yay me!) or you can be generous and make it for a crowd. Did someone say party? 🥂
What are the benefits of drinking 100% cranberry juice?
- It helps protect against cancer, as the phytochemicals in it act as antioxidants.
- Anti-inflamnatory properties in the phytonutrients help prevent gum disease.
- It improves digestive health.
- Cranberry juice can help clear up a urinary tract infection (UTI).
What can you mix with cranberry juice?
- apple cider or apple juice
- orange juice
- lemon juice
- pineapple juice
- sparkling mineral water
- ginger beer or ginger ale
- clear lemon-lime soda
How to Make Cranberry Apple Mocktail
Start with a homemade simple syrup. Mix equal parts water with sugar in a small saucepan over medium high heat. Stir until the sugar is dissolved, then pour it into a shallow container and let it cool in the freezer for 10 minutes.
Gather all the ingredients. Juice the lemons, and cut one into wedges. Rinse and pat dry the rosemary sprigs.
To decorate the rims, run a lemon wedge along the rim to wet it and add flavor.
Turn the glass upside down and twirl it in the sugar.
Carefully pour all the liquid ingredients, except the sparkling mineral water, into the glass. If you’re making a larger batch, pour all the liquid ingredients except the mineral water into a large pitcher. Stir, cover, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
When ready to serve, pour in the sparkling mineral water and stir again.
Garnish with three fresh or frozen cranberries and a two-inch rosemary sprig.
It’s that simple, and trust me, it will be gone in a flash. It’s that good. Seconds anyone?
- Want to add crushed ice? Make sure to intensify the flavors by upping the orange bitters and simple syrup.
- Want it to look more red? Decrease the apple cider to 2 tablespoons per glass.
- Want another garnish? Try green and red apple cubes, leaving the skin on for added color.
- Want this for a party? Make a pitcher full, and prep the glasses and the garnishes ahead of time. Let guests pour in their own sparkling mineral water.
Treat yourself to these other fall drinks.
- Caramel Apple Mocktail: calling all caramel lovers! You’ll love this combo of ginger beer, apple cider, and homemade caramel sauce.
- Mulled Cranberry Apple Cider: a fragrant, spiced drink that can stay warm in the crock pot.
- Sparkling Cranberry Mocktail: this simple four-ingredient drink is so good, you’ll want a refill!
Did you make this cranberry apple cider mocktail? We’d love to hear how you enjoyed it in the comments below!Print
Cranberry apple cider mocktail is an easy recipe that’s perfect for Thanksgiving or Christmas. Make holiday entertaining festive and fun with the sugar rimmed glasses and garnishes. You can make this stunning, low-calorie drink for one or for a crowd. It’s a winner!
For the Drink
- 2 cups apple cider, chilled (5 tablespoons for individual glass)
- 2 cups orange juice, chilled (5 tablespoons)
- 4 cups unsweetened cranberry juice, chilled (7 tablespoons)
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice, from 1 to 3 large lemons (1 teaspoon)
- 2 teaspoons orange bitters (1/4 teaspoon)
- 1/3 cup simple syrup, chilled (see notes) (2 teaspoons)
- 1 3/4 cup sparkling mineral water, chilled (1/4 cup)
For the Garnish (Per Glass)
- 1 lemon wedge
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 rosemary sprig
- To decorate the rim of the glass, take a lemon wedge and run it along the rim of the glass. Turn the glass upside down and twirl in the sugar.
- To build the drink inside the glass, carefully pour in the apple cider, orange juice, cranberry juice, lemon juice, orange bitters, simple syrup, and the sparkling mineral water. Stir with a long handled spoon.
- To make a larger batch, pour all the liquid ingredients except the sparkling mineral water into a pitcher. Stir, then keep in the fridge. When ready to serve, stir again and pour carefully into each glass until it is three-quarters full. Top off with the sparkling mineral water, then stir with a long handled spoon.
- Garnish each glass with 3 cranberries and one rosemary sprig. Serve cold.
- Make the simple syrup ahead of time. Stir together equal parts water and sugar (I used 1/2 cup of each) over medium high heat until the sugar is dissolved. When cool, store in a covered container in the fridge for up to one week. If you need to cool it quickly, pour into a larger container to increase the surface area and put in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- If you want to make this ahead of time for company, prep the garnishes and the rims of the glasses. Make up a pitcher of all the liquid ingredients except the sparkling mineral water. Keep the pitcher in the fridge. When ready to serve, stir again to prevent settling. Let each guest pour their own glass until it is 3/4 full. Top off with the sparkling mineral water, stir with a long handled spoon, then garnish.
Keywords: non alcoholic, fizz