This low carb crab soup recipe is super easy and extra creamy. Forget ordering it at a restaurant—now you can make classic crab soup at home anytime. You’ll be serving this for dinner whenever the craving hits because it is really simple and fast.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter (58g)
- 1 cup sweet or yellow onion, diced
- 1 1/2 cups celery, finely diced (roughly 3 large stalks) (about 185g)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour (22g)
- 2 cups fish or seafood stock (480 ml)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream (240 ml)
- 1 cup whole milk (240 ml)
- 1 pound white crabmeat (453g)
- 1/4 cup sherry (60 ml)
- 1/2 teaspoon mace
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese (100g)
- 1/2 cup green onion, tops only, chopped
- dash of paprika
- In a large heavy-bottomed pot, melt the butter over medium high heat. Saute the onion and celery until soft, about 10 minutes.
- Whisk in the flour, then pour in the seafood stock, whisking continuously until smooth.
- Lower the heat to medium, then slowly add the heavy cream while whisking. Do the same with the whole milk.
- Stir in the white crab meat, sherry, and spices. Turn the heat down to medium low to allow it to simmer. Heat through, then adjust seasonings to taste.
- Serve hot, and garnish each bowl with a sprinkle of fresh parmesan cheese, sliced green onion, and paprika.
- Category: Seafood
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: crab soup, canned crab recipes, seafood soup