Crab salad sandwiches are a savory finger food recipe that you can serve at an afternoon tea party or baby shower. The crab salad can be made ahead, and the sandwiches easily assembled before the party begins. Enjoy this elegant treat at your next party!
For the Crab Salad
- 8.5 ounces canned wild caught crab meat, drained (240g)
- 1/4 cup English cucumber, chopped
- 1/4 cup orange bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup celery, finely chopped
For the Dressing
- 1/4 cup Duke's mayo (56g)
- 1 tablespoon sour cream (15g)
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- dash Worcestershire sauce
For the Sandwiches
- 2 loaves of very thin white bread, 48 slices
- butter, softened
- fresh dill for garnish
Making the Crab Salad
- Mix the crab salad ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Whisk the salad dressing ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Carefully fold the salad dressing into the crab mixture, then cover and chill for one hour.
Making the Tea Sandwiches
- Butter thinly sliced white bread.
- Place 1 tablespoon of crab salad in the center of 24 slices of bread, then place the remaining 24 slices on top.
- Use a 2-inch diameter biscuit cutter to make the bread a circle shape. Garnish with a dill sprig and serve immediately.
- Try radish, watercress, chive curl, edible flowers, cucumbers if you want more garnish ideas.
- Make toad in the holes with the leftover bread.
- Prevent soggy sandwiches by buttering the insides of the top and bottom slices.
- Category: Lunch
- Method: Chopped
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: afternoon tea, tea sandwich, crab salad