Copycat Chipotle corn salsa is sweet, a little spicy, and totally addicting. Learn how to make our homemade twist on this popular Mexican restaurant’s recipe. Roasted poblano, sweet white corn, jalapeno, red onion, fresh cilantro, and lime juice come together to make this vegan and gluten free salsa to serve with burrito bowls, tacos or salads.
- 1/2 cup olive oil (120 ml)
- 2 large poblano peppers (55g)
- 8 cups frozen white corn, thawed (3 pounds)
- 2 cups red onion, chopped (275g)
- 1 cup jalapenos, seeded and finely chopped (4 jalapenos; 125g)
- 1 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped (42g)
- 2 tablespoons lime zest
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (8 limes; 240 ml)
- 2 teaspoons salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425F, and line a small baking tray with foil.
- Brush the two poblano peppers with olive oil, then roast them for 7 minutes. Turn the peppers over with tongs and roast for another 7 minutes.
- Place the charred poblanos in a glass or ceramic dish and cover with plastic wrap for 10 minutes to allow to cool.
- Carefully rub off the outer skin with a paper towel, then cut off the tops, de-seed, and chop.
- Divide the oil between two 10-inch, heavy-bottomed skillets, and heat it until shimmering over medium high heat. Place 4 cups of thawed corn in each skillet and saute it until it’s tender and roasty, about 6 to 9 minutes, stirring frequently with a wooden spoon.
- Spread the sauteed kernels out on a large baking tray to cool for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Mix the cooled kernels, onion, jalapenos, poblanos, cilantro, lime zest, lime juice, salt, and black pepper. With a large spoon, stir until well mixed.
- Taste and adjust seasonings, adding more lime juice, salt, cilantro, or even sugar, if you like it sweeter. Chill for at least 15 minutes, then enjoy.
- Finely chop the onion, jalapeno, and the roasted poblano for the best texture.
- Allow the ingredients to meld for at least 15 minutes before eating for the best taste.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Chopped
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: Chiptole corn salsa, Chipotle recipes