Learn how to make Mexican corn in a cup (esquites) with our easy DIY recipe. This popular street food is perfect for summer parties. Our homemade version uses authentic ingredients along with some American twists to make the best esquites you have ever tasted.
- 2/3 cup mayo
- 1/2 cup full-fat sour cream
- 4 cups roasted corn kernels
- 1/2 cup white onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon fresh jalapeno, minced
- 1/2 cup queso fresco, crumbled (67g)
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- Garnishes: chipotle lime seasoning, lime zest, cheese, and lime wheel
- Optional: tortilla chips for dipping
- Mix together the mayo and the sour cream in a bowl.
- Add the roasted corn kernels, white onion, garlic, lime juice, and cheese to the mayo and sour cream mixture. Stir until well mixed.
- Place the mixture in small, clear plastic cups. Top with a sprinkle of chipotle lime seasoning, lime zest, and crumbled cheese, then add a lime wheel.
- Serve hot or cold. Eat with a spoon or with tortilla chips.
- Chipotle lime seasoning: In a small bowl combine, 1 1/2 tsp. Chipotle chili powder, 1 tsp. lime zest, 1/2 tsp. garlic powder, 1/2 tsp. onion powder, 1/4 tsp. cumin, 1/4 tsp. salt, 1/4 tsp. coriander, 1/8 tsp. sugar, and 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper. Makes 2 tablespoons.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Mixed
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: elote in a cup, mexican corn snack