Do you love the taste of raw cookie dough, but want to eat something that's free from raw flour and egg? These quick and easy no bake cookie dough bites have all the great flavors of cookie dough, but are safe to eat raw. They're perfect for pregnant ladies and are easy to make vegan.
Want to see our latest recipes? Subscribe to our email newsletter to get our latest recipes, fun food facts, food puns, and behind the scenes news about our blog.
Fortunately, this recipe takes basic ingredients that you probably already have! You'll simply need flour, butter, brown sugar, vanilla, salt, and chocolate chips. Here are some ideas for substitutes for these ingredients.
- Flour: use all-purpose for regular, or almond flour for gluten free.
- Butter: softened unsalted butter is my preference, but you can use salted if you leave out the salt. Vegans can use vegan butter.
- Brown Sugar: you can also use a 50-50 blend of white sugar and brown sugar if you prefer.
- Vanilla: if you ran out of vanilla, ½ teaspoon of almond extract is a tasty substitute.
- Salt: leave this out only if you're using salted butter.
- Chocolate Chips: feel free to use any type of chocolate chip that you like. I like semisweet in this recipe.
How long do you bake flour to kill bacteria?
Raw flour can contain harmful bacteria, but fortunately, you can render raw all-purpose flour safe to eat with a simple step! Simply spread the flour on a cookie sheet and bake it at 350 F for 5 minutes. Be sure to let it cool before using.
Can you bake no bake cookie dough?
No, you can't make baked cookies with this recipe. This no bake dough is different from regular cookie dough in that it doesn't contain egg or any rising agents, like baking powder.
How long does no bake cookie dough last?
It will keep in the fridge for up to 1 month in an airtight container, or in the freezer for 3 months in a freezer zip-top bag.
Can I freeze these?
Yes, you can freeze this mixture before or after rolling it into balls. I like to roll them into balls first, then I can pull out one anytime I want to have one. Make sure to seal this well in an airtight container or zip-top freezer bag, then freeze for up to 3 months.
How to Make
Gather the ingredients. Make sure the butter is softened before you begin.
Spread the flour on a small cookie sheet and bake it at 350 F for 5 minutes to kill any bacteria in the flour.
It's best to sift the flour after toasting it to prevent lumps later.
Cream the butter and sugar on medium speed for about 2 minutes, or until light and fluffy.
Mix in the vanilla and salt until well combined.
Stir in the flour and chocolate chips to form the dough.
Roll into balls, each weighing about 30 grams.
Enjoy your easy homemade cookie dough bites!
- Vegan: Use vegan butter and chocolate.
- Gluten Free: Use blanched almond flour instead of the all-purpose.
- Extra Chocolate: Decrease the flour by 2 tablespoons and add 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder. Drizzle the cookie balls with melted chocolate to decorate.
- Dark or White Chocolate: Swap the semisweet chips for dark or white chips.
- Nuts: Add 2-3 tablespoons of chopped walnuts, pecans, or almonds.
- M&M: Replace the semisweet chips with mini M&Ms.
- Stuffed: Shape the cookie dough around a candy, such as Rolos.
- Let the toasted flour cool before using, or it may start to melt the butter.
- Sticky dough? Add extra flour a tablespoon at a time.
- Dry dough? Add softened butter a tablespoon at a time.
- Be careful not to add too much flour, or the bites will be dry.
Other Bite-Sized Treats You'll Love
- Coffee Truffles
- Strawberry Truffles
- Dark Chocolate Raspberry Truffles
- Date Coconut Protein Balls
- Coconut Protein Balls
- Coconut Truffles
- French Chocolate Truffles
- Vegan Peanut Butter Protein Balls
Other No Bake Desserts To Try
If you liked this recipe and found it helpful, give it some love by sharing!
The pleasure of a 5-star review would be greatly appreciated!Print
These super easy no bake cookie dough bites are sure to be a hit with family and friends! These sweet treats taste just like real chocolate chip cookie dough, but are made without eggs or raw flour. This recipe is vegan friendly and gluten free friendly, too!
- ⅔ cup light brown sugar (132g)
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened (115g)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (120g)
- ¼ cup semisweet chocolate chips (42g)
- Toast the flour. Preheat the oven to 350 F and spread the flour on a small cookie sheet. Bake it for 5 minutes to make the raw flour safe to eat.
- Cream butter and sugar. Dump the softened butter and sugar into the bowl of a stand mixer and beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. The mixture should be light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla and salt. Mix in the vanilla and salt until blended.
- Finish the dough. Stir in the flour on low speed, then stir in the chocolate chips until they are evenly mixed into the dough.
- Roll. Divide the dough into 14 equal pieces, each one weighing about 30 grams, then roll them into balls.
- Enjoy. Eat the cookie balls right away or seal them in an airtight container for later.
- Let the toasted flour cool for 5 minutes or so before adding it to the creamed butter and sugar mixture, or it may melt the butter.
- Dough too sticky? Add more toasted flour a tablespoon at a time.
- Dough too dry? Add more softened butter a tablespoon at a time.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Snack
- Method: Mixer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: no bake cookie dough bites without cream cheese, no egg chocolate chip cookie dough bites