A Shirley Temple is a fun non alcoholic drink that’s made with ginger ale, grenadine, and orange juice. It’s easy to whip up in just a few minutes. This classic treat for kids will be popular at a party or all summer long!
- 1 cup ginger ale (240 ml)
- 1/3 cup orange juice (80 ml)
- 1 tablespoon grenadine (15 ml)
- 4 ice cubes
- Maraschino cherries, for garnish
- Orange slices, for garnish
Making an Individual Glass
- Place about 4 ice cubes in a 12-ounce highball glass and pour in the ginger ale. (The drink makes about 10 ounces of liquid, but you need a 12-ounce glass to make room for the ice cubes.)
- Add the orange juice and grenadine. Stir gently to combine.
- Cut a slit in an orange slice and a maraschino cherry, then balance the garnishes on the rim of the glass. Enjoy immediately.
Making a Pitcher
- Stir together 2 2/3 cups of orange juice and 1/2 cup of grenadine until combined.
- Just before serving, stir in 8 cups of ginger ale.
- Pour the Shirley Temple drink into individual glasses and garnish with a cherry and orange slice. This will make eight 10-ounce glasses.
- Make this recipe perfectly the first time. Check out the step-by-step photos and pro tips before the recipe card.
- The pleasure of a 5-star review for this recipe would be greatly appreciated.
- 👩🏻🍳 Want to see our latest recipes? Subscribe to our email newsletter to get our latest recipes, fun food facts, food puns, and behind the scenes news about our blog.
- Category: Drink
- Method: Mixed
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: shirley temple drink, shirley temple recipe pitcher