Classic Caesar salad is an easy, low carb recipe made with creamy salad dressing, romaine lettuce, bacon, croutons, garlic, and lemon juice. Your dinner party guests will love this simple yet delicious salad!
- In a large skillet, cook 4 pieces of bacon. Use a fork to flip the bacon.
- While the bacon is cooking, stack the Romaine lettuce pieces three high on top of a cutting board. Using a long knife, cut the lettuce into 1 inch wide pieces. Place the lettuce in a large mixing bowl.
- Mince two cloves of garlic, and add to the mixing bowl.
- Blot the bacon with paper towel to remove excess grease, then let it cool.
- Halve a lemon lengthwise, then cut one half into 4 wedges. Squeeze three lemon wedges on top. Tear the bacon into small pieces, add it along with the croutons. Mix well with tongs.
- Pour 1/2 cup of Caesar dressing on the lettuce. Using the tongs, gently toss to coat each piece of lettuce with the dressing.
- Add a few grinds of black pepper. Toss and taste, adjusting the flavors to your liking by adding more lemon juice, garlic, dressing, or black pepper.
- Use a vegetable peeler to shave off pieces of cheese from the wedge of Parmesan. If you want the shard to be thinner, cut in half lengthwise. Place in the bowl and toss.
- Serve immediately while the lettuce is still crisp.
- If you are planning on serving this at a dinner party or at a potluck, it is best to assemble the salad right before serving, so the lettuce stays crisp. In order to do this, have all the components of this salad made ahead of time.
- If you want to add protein, grilled chicken is a popular choice.
- Category: Salad
- Method: Tossed
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: classic caesar salad, easy caesar salad recipe