We handpicked the products and tools linked in this post. If you buy from one of these affiliate links, we may earn a small commission. Thanks for supporting Savor the Flavour!
Caesar salad when done right can be absolutely amazing. My girls and I love to eat it. Would you like to know the secret to making a Caesar salad that gets eaten in a flash? Fresh, quality ingredients that are quickly assembled, and served right away will set your salad apart. A big part of the popularity of this salad is hearing the crunch from the fresh lettuce and croutons, so don’t add them until the end. Oh, lots of garlic and fresh lemon juice are key.
Next, you want to choose your salad dressing wisely. Pick the best quality one you can find, or better yet, make your own. It’s cheap, easy, and healthier. The bottom line is having the right dressing makes your salad soar to new heights. Without it, your salad will be ho-hum. Another memorable ingredient is going the extra mile to make homemade croutons. They taste so much better than store bought. They are fresh, crunchy, and buttery, so plan to use them.
Another important ingredient is bacon. It adds both umami and salty tastes. Bacon also adds another texture to the salad which improves the overall experience. Finally, Parmesan shards are the icing on the cake and pull the salad together. They are so easy to make with a vegetable peeler, and they make the salad look impressive!
Taste and adjust your seasonings before serving it to your guests. That way, you’ll have the right balance of garlic, lemon juice, salad dressing and pepper. I encourage to take the time to make a Caesar salad from scratch. If you do, you won’t be disappointed, and your guests will fall in love with it.Print
Classic Caesar salad is an easy, low carb recipe made with creamy salad dressing, romaine lettuce, bacon, croutons, garlic, and lemon juice. Your dinner party guests will love this simple yet delicious salad!
- In a large skillet, cook 4 pieces of bacon. Use a fork to flip the bacon.
- While the bacon is cooking, stack the Romaine lettuce pieces three high on top of a cutting board. Using a long knife, cut the lettuce into 1 inch wide pieces. Place the lettuce in a large mixing bowl.
- Mince two cloves of garlic, and add to the mixing bowl.
- Blot the bacon with paper towel to remove excess grease, then let it cool.
- Halve a lemon lengthwise, then cut one half into 4 wedges. Squeeze three lemon wedges on top of the salad. Tear the bacon into small pieces, add it to the salad along with the croutons. Mix well with the salad tongs.
- Pour 1/2 cup of Caesar salad dressing on the lettuce. Using salad tongs, gently toss to coat each piece of lettuce with the dressing.
- Add a few grinds of black pepper. Toss and taste, adjusting the flavors to your liking by adding more lemon juice, garlic, salad dressing, or black pepper.
- Use a vegetable peeler to shave off pieces of cheese from the wedge of Parmesan. If you want the shard to be thinner, cut in half lengthwise. Place in the bowl and toss.
- Serve immediately while the lettuce is still crisp.
- If you are planning on serving this at a dinner party or at a potluck, it is best to assemble the salad right before serving, so the lettuce stays crisp. In order to do this, have all the components of this salad made ahead of time.
- If you want to add protein, grilled chicken is a popular choice.
- Category: Salad
- Method: Tossed
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: classic caesar salad, easy caesar salad recipe