Chocolate peanut butter fudge is an old fashioned no bake dessert that’s a favorite with kids and adults. It’s ridiculously easy to make, and it only takes 5 ingredients! Use dark chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk, peanut butter, vanilla, and salt to make this quick stovetop treat. It will be a popular candy at Christmas!
- 12 ounces dark chocolate chips, 60% cacao (340g)
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk (396g)
- 1/2 cup all-natural smooth peanut butter (140g)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 tablespoons margarita salt, optional
- Fill a 2-quart saucepan with two inches of water and bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile, lightly butter an 8×8-inch cake pan and line it with parchment paper.
- Measure out all the ingredients. The fudge sets quickly, so you won’t have time to get out the ingredients later.
- Pour the chocolate chips into a shallow heatproof bowl. Once the water has boiled, turn the heat down to low and set the bowl of chocolate on top of the saucepan of simmering water, making sure the bottom of the bowl doesn’t touch the water. Stir the chocolate until it’s fully melted.
- Remove the chocolate from the heat and pour in the sweetened condensed milk, peanut butter, and vanilla extract. Stir until evenly mixed, then immediately pack the fudge into the prepared pan. If desired, sprinkle the margarita salt on top of the fudge.
- Chill in the fridge until set, about 1 hour. Lift the fudge out of the pan and cut into slices.
- Store leftover fudge in an airtight container at room temperature or in the fridge.
- Freeze leftover fudge in an airtight container or zip-top freezer bag.
Keywords: old fashioned, sweetened condensed milk