This Chick-fil-A copycat coleslaw uses the authentic recipe to make this easy Southern classic. The dressing uses mayo, vinegar, sugar, and spices to make a creamy and sweet coleslaw that is a real crowd pleaser. Bring this side to your next cookout and watch it disappear!
For the Dressing
- 4 teaspoons white vinegar (17g)
- 1/4 cup white granulated sugar (50g)
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup good quality mayo, like Duke’s (178g)
For the Slaw
- 2 10-oz bags shredded cabbage, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup julienned carrots, finely chopped (20g)
Making the Dressing
- To make the dressing, whisk the first four ingredients together until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the mayo and continue whisking, then set aside.
Making the Slaw
- Chop the cabbage into very small pieces in three batches, then place it in a large bowl.
- Mix in the finely chopped carrots.
- Pour the dressing over the vegetables, then stir the mixture with a spatula until all the veggies are well coated.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours so it can chill and the flavors can meld.
- Chop the finely shredded green cabbage to 1/8 of an inch.
- Start with matchstick carrots.
- If you can’t find Duke’s mayo, add a bit of freshly squeezed lemon juice to the dressing.
- Allow 2 hours for chill time.
- Category: Salads
- Method: Chopped
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Chick-fil-A, recipe, discontinued